Repair and disassembly guides for the Jura Capresso IMPRESSA J5 coffee maker.

Jura J5 Won't dispense coffee or water , but runs

My Jura J5 does not dispense coffee or water, but runs. It collects in the tray instead. What can I do to fix it?

Hi there,

It sounds like the water lines are blocked with calcium. Have you descaled the machine?

The drain valve needs to be rebuilt. I had the same problem with my Jura. I disassembled it and rebuilt the drain value and brew group. It is back up and running after replacing the o-rings and regreasing the parts.

Your drain valve is failing, allowing coffee to drain to the pan. It's a common problem. Either the seals are bad, or the steel plunger rod's plastic cap has unseated. Buy a rebuild kit for the drain valve, and consider gluing the cap on.

Is there a shop other then Jura that can fix this same issue for me? Jura wants way to much money.

Please let me know if you were able to repair you machine?

Yes, there are others that will do this repair besides Jura. One that I know of is Parts Guru in PA. Just do a Google search. They've done a lot of the repair videos on Youtube on how to fix problems with the Jura. Tell them you have a drain value that needs to be rebuilt.

Diana Abbasy will be eternally grateful.