An uninterruptible power supply, also uninterruptible power source, UPS or battery/flywheel backup, is an electrical apparatus that provides emergency power to a load when the input power source, typically mains power, fails.

Ups not charging the battery

My ups is not charging. The problem is not of battery, what else should I check in the circuit.

which model is your UPS?

Had you removed the battery and test with a multimeter?

These things usually have two batteries and usually one will fail before the other. Look at the diagnostics lights on it and tell us what you see.

I have the same issue. CyberPower replaced my battery because I thought that was initially the problem. The replacement battery came charged, but ran down and isn't charging. It seems like the unit itself isn't charging the batteries.

GS1500U 1. Bought 2 new batteries 2. The new batteries discharged to 0% 3. Reveived 2 more new batteries with 93% charge leaving the store 4. Hot home plugged it in to see if it would charge 5. It began to discharge from 93% to 84% 6. I let it run plugged into the wall with nothing plugged into it. 7. Awoke this morning to a 16% charge 8. That is a discharge from 93% to 16% in less than 24 hours with nothing plugged INTO the GS1500U. Any advice is appreciated to fix this.

Thank You

Did you find a fix for this as I am having that same problem?

@danielaleburgess have you chek the voltage battery ? let me show you how to chek

Yes, battery showing 50v. Checked the charging voltage and it was only 34v??

at power on position / standby dislodged the negativ/black cable and if the ups its dead you must replace the battery regulator Sir at ups ica usually use lm317 , what type ups with 50v battery ?

If the UPS is not charging the battery,They should check the battery connection,Integrity of the battery and Battery charger. Saheed Adeosun

My mom is having similar trouble with her APC XS 1000 unit, battery is actually 3/4 full when unit is unplugged from the wall and still provides power to computer. Checked circuit breaker on the unit and that of the power strip, all good. All unit vitals look fine aside from showing 0% battery life when plugged in and hearing constant yet intermittent chirps from the APC unit.

I’m personally thinking this is a self test issue where the unit does not detect a successful switch over to battery usage before it switches back to normal mode. Therefore the battery is fine, but there is a failure in the self test or part of that may be the charging system that does not allow the unit to attempt to continue, be this by design I don’t know yet as I’m still researching.

Chances are internal hardware failure and requires replacement of the entire unit, one positive note, since the battery is probably still good you can swap it out and reserve the newer battery for later use.

I’m no APC Guru but I’ve been using these UPS backups for decades and while not having many problems with them I have indeed experienced a few.

Dhrubajyoti Saikia will be eternally grateful.