Released June 2012, Model A1278. Intel processor with Turbo Boost, Up to 512 MB DDR5 Video RAM

White Screen on startup, no Apple logo

So, I changed the Display on my Girlfriends Macbook and now when I try to boot it, it just starts with the chime and goes to a white screen and no Apple logo.

I used one of the guides from ifixit and followed it to the T. So I'm not sure what went wrong or what I did. I have tried the ram reset and every other thing I could find on the internet but nothing works. Just boots to a white screen.

I white screen usually indicates a hard drive issue. On some models a hard drive cable issue also. Did you replace the screen for this issue? What is the model number and do you know the year?

UPDATE

MacBook Pro 13" Unibody Mid 2012 Hard Drive Cable Replacement

https://www.walmart.com/ip/StarTech.com-...

No I didnt replace the screen for this issue, girlfriend stepped on it and broke the display. The LCD was fine I had just replaced the front glass. Model is A1278 and its mid-2012

I tried disconnecting the hard drive and booting from USB media but its still the same white screen.

For the record, it still worked before I replaced the display.

This is the exact model that has the hard drive/Ir cable issue. Apple was replacing this for free for the last 6n months but I've heard they have discontinued the program. The cable gets damaged on the bottom where the hard drive sits on it and on the top step. If allowed to go on for a while it destroys the hard drive. Remove the drive and hook it up via an SATA to USB adapter and see if it boots normally.

Okay, Sata to USB to my desktop?

Is there also a specific Sata cable that I need?

Alex Plattsmier will be eternally grateful.