Try this first, if it fails, return it, it is covered under warranty.
1. Make sure your speaker is plugged into a working AC socket.
2. Check the connections between your speaker and the power adaptor.
3. Make sure you are using the power adaptor supplied with your speaker upon purchase.
4. If you are using a surge protector, check to see if it is working properly.
5. If you still cant get your speaker to turn on you may have a faulty power adaptor.
6. If your speaker is not charged or used within a 14 day period it with enter protection mode. Connect the speaker to the AC power adaptor to fix this issue.
7. Make sure the battery has sufficient charge to power on the speaker.