The Bose SoundLink III, released February 2014, is the 3rd generation of Bose's SoundLink Mobile speakers. It is a modern, minimalist Bluetooth-capable portable speaker.

power indicator blinking red

I bought my SL iii last month, and yesterday when I use it, it can not be charged and power on.

When I connect the power cable, the power indicator blinking red always, and device can not be turn on.

What's the problem? Who can help me to solve it?

Most Helpful Answer

Try this first, if it fails, return it, it is covered under warranty.

1. Make sure your speaker is plugged into a working AC socket.

2. Check the connections between your speaker and the power adaptor.

3. Make sure you are using the power adaptor supplied with your speaker upon purchase.

4. If you are using a surge protector, check to see if it is working properly.

5. If you still cant get your speaker to turn on you may have a faulty power adaptor.

6. If your speaker is not charged or used within a 14 day period it with enter protection mode. Connect the speaker to the AC power adaptor to fix this issue.

7. Make sure the battery has sufficient charge to power on the speaker.

Blinking Red indicates charge is needed. If the battery is drained it will continue to blink red while charging until there is enough charge. I would let it charge completely before trying to use it this time until the battery light turns green indicating battery is fully charged. If needed, you can do a SoundLink speaker reset, following these steps:

- On the speaker, press and hold MUTE for 10 seconds; the LED will flash briefly

-Press Power to turn the SoundLink back on

If either of these answers do not help, you may need to exchange it. Good Luck and please let us know... John

Mute is the speaker symbol with the line thru it

This is a bug with the firmware where the battery seems to get locked in low power mode if it runs down too far. I had this problem and tried every suggestion found online with no success. After much back and forth with BOSE support, the following finally worked:

1. Plug your speaker into a computer using the USB cable.

2. Go to btu.bose.com in a browser window. Download the software if you don’t have it and launch it.

3. The webpage should change to show it has launched. If it says there are updates available then choose to install them. This should fix it.

4. If it says the software is already up to date, then press the following keys in order: A,D,V,Up arrow, Down arrow. That should now give you the option to downgrade the software. Choose a downgrade and then Apply Changes.

That is what brought mine back to life. You can upgrade the software again after that.

Tkx wolf guy ...also [a]read the instructions [b] if you bought it on line might have been of f long time --meaning takes 10/15 min. to get it to pair-also when first paring get away from other Bluetooth devices

@Guy Wolf Thank you so much. Downgrading the firmware using your instructions was the only way that worked for me. Top man!

There is no software for bose soundlink III. is there any way to fix this fu***** red and fast blinking battery problem with bose soundlink III?

@Guy Wolf - i downgraded and the green light came on for about 10 seconds. Then started flashing red again. Then i upgraded and it did the same thing (but went red before finished upgrading). i've tried it a few times with the same results. Any other ideas? Thanks! Paul

bose soundlink III specifically:

just for the record, there is not solution for this for the bose soundlink III.

There is no firmware avaiable for bose soundlink III online.

If connecting the power supply does not chrage the speaker and the light keeps flashing, you will have to send it in for service. They will change the battery. This is free under guarantee.

I know this because I have the bose soundlink III, had the same problem, went through all the advice online, and then had to send it in.

btw i was a little disappointed by bose service - they first asked me to download the firmware for bose soundlink III. I had to reply that this model has no download on their page, and they replied something in the way of "oh yeah, sorry, send it in then."

What can I do now to my battery

July 2018--well boys & girls got off the telie w/bose did all the walkarounds--NO--send it in $75. Us +tax/free shipping/depending on you s/n could be under warranty--you so welcome 1boseguy@gmail.com

michael will be eternally grateful.