Model A1320 / 8 or 16 GB capacity

192 Questions View all

iPod got soaked in coca cola

A bottle of coca cola leaked in my bag therefore my ipod must have been swimming in it for about 5 mins before i noticed. I made the mistake of turning it on and it worked although i could only hear music through the earphones. Suddenly the battery died. Tried to dry it as best as i could with a towel and blow dryer. When i got home 2 days later i connected it to my computer and it charged and synched normally but when disconnected from computer would not open. Connected it again and restored it. Still wont open when not connected to pc. Works normally when connected to pc only. I have now put it in a bag of rice as i've read that might help....Does anyone else have similar experience? Will my ipod work normally again?

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

1 Answer

Chosen Solution

Sounds like you killed the battery by turning it on, I would try replacing it, which you can buy from this site along with free instructions on how to replace it.

Don't forget to come back and mark whichever answer is satisfactory.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1
Add a comment

Add your answer

Olga will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 0

All Time: 1,030