The April 2014 update of Apple's 13" MacBook Air features refreshed dual-core i5 and i7 processors, plus slightly increased battery performance.

Why doesn't my MacBook turn on, unless it's plugged in

My Macbook Air only turns on when I disconnect and reconnect the battery, and connect the charger. After turning my Macbook on, I can use my laptop without the charger.

Hard to tell, it could probably be a faulty component on the logic board. Did the mac suffer any damage like liquid spill or was it dropped ?

There was a liquid spill on my mac

There is the culprit. Unless is promptly and professionally treated a liquid spill although it might not kill your computer at once if the quantity involved is small, it nonetheless starts a slow corrosion process that never stops. In your case some liquid probably reached the charging circuit and one or more components starts showing erratic behaviour until they will eventually break for good. You will need to find someone performing component level repairs either in your area or doing mail-in service and get it fixed. Being a relatively new machine is certainly worthed the cost. Good luck with it.

I took it to a computer store a few weeks ago, and they said the laptop was fine- just a bit of corrosion that they cleaned. Do you think the diagnosis was wrong? Thank you for your answer :)

Try an SMC Reset

SMC RESET

Shut down the computer.

Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.

On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.

Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.

Penny will be eternally grateful.