Microphone not working when on whatsapp call

How can I solve this problem.

When I'm in a whatsapp call and I put the loudspeaker on, people won't here me same as video whatsapp call.

I try on facetime and it does work even a voice call or video call.

I think its something wrong with the mic or the app.

Speakerphone mic not working with watsapp , viber and skype - works fine with GSM calls and Facetime

I have re-installed the apps , reset the settings and also restored the entire phone but no use.

So frustrating.

my phone as well, very frustrating! so what did you do now?

Most Helpful Answer

its not ur mobile fault its app fault

Having same issue with iphone 5 ios 10.3.3 on only whatsapp calls , caller won't hear me with loudspear turned on,

All other voice/video calls with loudspeaker works fine tryed almost ever thing in vain.

Waiting for jailbreak to install previous version of whatsapp which might resolve it.

I have Iphone 6 that is running on IOS 11.1.2 which is the latest version.

I have WhatsApp 2.17.81 version which also seems to be the latest.

The problem is that for Audio calls, the moment i switch on the speaker, my mic gets off and hence the callled party cannot hear me. It works well if my speaker is off though.

On Video calls, since speaker is on by default, my mic doesn't work.

I emailed it to whatsapp support team and this is what they have to say:

"

Sorry for the inconvenience. We are aware of the issue and we are working on fixing it in a future update of WhatsApp. Unfortunately, we can't comment on any future release dates at this time.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to help!

Sylvester

WhatsApp Support Team"

Its not what’s up issue, it’s apple. It just stopped working for several apps. Most likely an update changed the choice of mic( sounds like a monopoly to use facetime) and it doesnt work or works some times. Another thing is wether you replaced your screen recently. It could well be the flat connectors that is damaged. Its worth checking, swaping the connectors. At last resort, if you change your screen, you will have new connectors and that should solve your problem! Hope it works for you, leave a message if it did.

I'm having the same issue after a replacement to screen on iPhone SE, but everything is working fine in normal phone calls, but stops working on calls from/to whatsapp

Did you figure out a solution for this?

sfeaugas will be eternally grateful.