Released 2016, April 159g, 8.1mm thickness Android OS, v6.0.1 16GB storage, microSD card slot

Will not turn on

My phone back screen went black and I couldn't close my apps. I turned it off and now it won't turn on even though I have it plugged in to charge

Try pressing and holding the power button. If that doesn't work, the phone might've taken some damage. Visit a nearby Samsung store or phone mechanic store. They'll know what to do.

I have the same problem too but my phone turns on fine but wont show the menu it's just stuck on the sign SAMSUNG

Can anyone help me......the volume up and menu +power works fine I've rebooted my phone..factory reset but still no progress it still stuck on the sign samsung

My Samsung J5 will just randomly switch off, even if it's fully charged. The only way I can get my phone back on is when I plug my charger in . Taking out the battery doesn't help.

What could be wrong please help.

your battery must've died... not like no charge, I mean like the battery won't hold it's charge anymore.

( I have that same problem for my computer, I charge it, till it says full battery, but when I take out the charger, it shuts down).

consider replacing your battery.

Kathy linton will be eternally grateful.