A television game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, also known as PS4. First announced February 20, 2013 and released November 15, 2013.

Ps4 randomly shuts down

I am having a problem with my Playstation randomly shuts itself down. There is no warning nor red light. It shuts down like it was cut out of power. Powering it on immediately after the shutdown gives around 10 sec of blue light then it shuts down. What I do is unplug the device from electricity for a minute then plug it back in and it works. The shut down happens randomly. Sometimes it works for an hour or it stays up for 4-5. Though it never stays more than 6 hours.

( it's a shared console. My brothers play as well)

I have the console horizontal and nothing near it ( so it can get as much air as it need ). Bought an external fan in case it was a heating problem, but the problem is still there ( the fan is connected to the TV ). Since I live in an area where warranty doesn't count, I decided to open up the console and I did clean it. I have also rebuilt the database.

The device is connected to a UPS. Tried to connect it directly without the UPS, but it still shuts off.

Any hint on what else I should be trying? I can't send it to repair ( can't trust "repair" shops here. It's Iraq...) I would rather sell it and get the slim version, but I would love to try to fix the device.

I have a similar problem except what happened was my PS4 randomly shut off when I was on the PlayStation store like literally acted like I was out of power but then when I went up to it to try & turn it on it was still black(no

Is there any signs of overheating? It seems the system may be getting too hot and shutting down to protect itself. Is the console hot (I know its redundant for you being in iraq)

It gets hot that's why I bought an external fan. Shouldn't it change the light to red before shutting down? Mine doesn't.

In most cases yes, it will warn you with a red light before shutting down, Is your ps4 in a non dusty area? If not the interneal fan may need cleaning

I did do that. I opened up the console and cleaned the fan.

Now that we eliminated one issue, lets talk power. Do you lug it directly into a wall? I use a surge protector. If you do have yo tried other plugs?

Yes, I did that and I even moved to another rom just to check.

I had this problem, and found it was my use of a multi connector which also had an HDR connected to it. When the HDR switched on to record a TV programme, the multi connector switched to that signal. Either remove other connected equipment while playing, or quickly pause your game, switch the connector back manually, and away you go. Works for me, hope it does for you.

Try just to turn it on and let it on home menu. Disable auto turn off and let it before you go to sleep, remove any connected controllers, camera or disc from console. Try to have all usb ports with nothing on them, usb sticks hub, and Ethernet cable disconnected, I would also recommend to remove it from any wifi network if it is connected.

If next morning is not off then it must be something wrong with power supply which cause it to turn off when is in load.

Hope this will be the beginning of your solution!

Set Time Until PS4 Turns Off. To set the amount of time your PS4™ system can remain idle before it either enters rest mode or turns off, select (Settings) > [Power Saving Settings] > [Set Time Until PS4 Turns Off]. You can set the time separately for [Media Playback] and [General (Applications)].

Maybe its still an overheating problem , try changing the thermal paste.

it sounds like your ps4 has a contamination issue..ie...dust....it can destroy electronics...remove the covers and use can of compressed air such as keyboard cleaner to get dust from device.

If you're still having this problem, go to [settings] then [initialization] then [initinalize system] and click [full initialization]. If that does not work, go into "Safe Mode" and click [rebuild data base]. Also make sure your system is up to date with its updates. Hopefully this helps !

If with or without UPS the problem persists you can also try change power cord and check it with another power outlet if possible. If nothing of the above fix it then power supply of PlayStation 4 is probably faulty. If you are about to open the power supply BE EXTRA CAREFUL and you will need a multimeter ! I would recommend to buy a refurbished one, be careful with the model of the power supply you already have and find the same or a compatible one, there is model name on the power supply itself.

Try playing on lan…I think it's a WiFi issue …it absolutely never happens to me when am on lan …not even once in months. But the moment I switch to WiFi…it turns off at least once the same day .

I have the same issue but it happens whenever i try to load black ops4 and it shuts down i dont know what to do

Just bought black ops 4 and have the same problem

Just boot to safe mode and update system software through Internet, it may fix it

Maybe you can go to settings and restore default settings

You should go to settings then intilisation and then quick initialisation.This will erase all data and see that you don’t delete any important stuff so to prevent this copy the important data to USB or another storage device. Initialisation makes your ps4 absolutely new as it was when you bought it so all the corrupted files get deleted with the data because they can be the cause of your problem. Hope this ends your problem

Happened to my Ps4 pro. You probably have a USB cable attached to the front port. Remove the USB attachment and for me I noticed that after I have done that it works without the sudden shutoff. There are 2 ports. Also try changing the ports. I. Now charge my controllers separately..

Ya mine does the same thing.It sometimes just shuts off.If I don’t unplug it and try to turn it back on the blue light in the middle flickers.I had it looked at to get it fixed and everything seemed to check out .I have to unplug it from the console the wait a few seconds then it turns back on….oy’s real weird.I have also cleaned my ps4 and removed and any dust and lint that has accumulated over time to reduce any overheating.Anyone has a similar problem ??

I have figured out what the problem is with my PS4 . This happens only when on wifi. I have been using it on lan for months and it hasn't happened even once . The moment I set it up on wifi it starts again….I don't know what the permanent fix for is but I just stopped using it on wifi and it's working fine for me..

Alameen will be eternally grateful.