Released September 16, 2016. Models A1661, A1784, and A1785. Available in 32, 128, or 256 GB configurations in Rose gold, gold, silver, black, jet black, and (Product)Red.

Internal ear speaker not working after screen replacement

I have replaced the screen on an iPhone 7plus now the internal speaker doesn't work. So I replaced the proximity cable and the speaker. Still no sound replaced the screen again. But nothing. Everything else works the proximity the selfie camera all work. Any suggestions? This it about the 30th 7 or 7 plus I have done. I have not had any other problems before this. It worked before I replaced screen. I even tried the old screen and Proximity ando speaker did not work.

It has happened to me also ..

Change the front camera cable also change the ear speaker ..

Then it works 99% ..

I m preety sure ....

If still any problem come

Next step is

change the new front camera., new ear speaker and new lcd also ..

100% problem will solve ..

I daily repair 20 to 30 repairs ..

Most Helpful Answer

i think ur changing screen is not supportive for speaker or change the speaker

But the camera/ proximity cables are separate from the LCD cables - surely the LCD couldn’t affect the top speaker?

I have replaced the screen again and the speaker . I have everything also tried to put all original screen and proximity cables and speaker back on does other work . I have repaired at least 30 iphone 7 and hundreds of the others. I have never had any problems like this . I'm a capable technician of trouble shooting problems. But this has me stumped. There is not any apparent damage to connector either. Is there not somebody out there that has had the same issue with the iPhone 7 plus?

Do you have an update?

I have this same problem. Tried all above things but no luck. I repaired 100's but never had this issue. It's happened first time.

Ic someone have answer please Comment.

Thanks.

My repair shop has encountered a few issues regarding the front camera and proximity cable. There is the possibility that the original flex cable was stressed during removal or installation. There seems to be hardware compatibility issues, specifically with the iPhone 7 models, with some of the flex cables produced by third-party manufacturers, as we tried a flex cable from another supplier (it cost almost twice as much as our normal cables) but it solved the issue. I'm not 100% certain this is the same issue for you, but this has solved the problem we had with Cam&Proximity cables.

I know this is frustrating I have this problem now and I've had this problem before with the Home Button basically I replace the screen in the Home Button function would not work at all it would only let me go to the home screen or pop it up halfway on the homepage no matter what Home Button and I replaced it with screen it did not matter the home button function was not working again and I heard that has to be reprogrammed through Apple in order for it to work

Order the part and have to try to fix it tomorrow I'll let you know how it goes but honestly if I were you what I would do is buy a iCloud lock phone and try to put that whole face on your phone and see if it works if it does not work then the chip that actually makes it work possibly got damaged

John will be eternally grateful.