iPhone 3G Repair

Second generation of iPhone. Model A1241 / 8 or 16 GB capacity / black or white plastic back. Repair is more straightforward than the first iPhone. requires screwdrivers, prying, and suction tools.

Battery indicator always 100% mark after replace battery

After changing the battery of the iphone, the battery indicator always 100% mark. I restored the iphone, I've done a hard reset and still the same. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Iban how long have you used the phone on battery power to see if the display moves? Try to use it for as long as you can to see if that will make a change. Do you have any other issues with the phone?

by oldturkey03

I've used it until the battery runs out, all day. Before going off continues to lead 100. I plugged in to charge several times and still says 100%. Everything else is working properly.

by Iban

I'm having the same problem. I replaced the battery on my 3GS. After replacing it it initially showed a charge of 45%. I continued to use it until it went down to 26% but then plugged it in overnight. In the morning it was at 100% but it's been at 100% for the whole day. Any other options besides replacing the battery again?

by ckuweb

In the end I changed the battery and problem solved.

Thanks for all

Iban great job, congratulations. now all you have to do is accept your own answer so that we all know that "the case is closed" good luck to you :)

by oldturkey03

Most Helpful Answer

if your iphone is jailbroken you can download a battery app that will tell you the health of the battery, time of charging/time left etc. sorry don't know the precise name-search cydia

I already did and marked 100%. I download BatteryDetective and another one and did the same.

by Iban

what happened before you replaced the battery? have you recently upgraded your ios?

by pollytintop

Got this answer from a forum at http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.p... happened is that I didn't let the battery drain fully. So I charged it 100% used it to maybe 40%, then charged it to 70%, then back to 40% and then to 100% and so on. I didn't drain it to 0%. That's when my indicator became inaccurate, and it would suddenly shut down.

Solution for me, charge to 100%, let it be for 100% on the charger for a few hours. Then use it normally to when it goes down all the way, let it be in that state for an hour. Then charge it all the way to 100% without using, let it be for an hour in 100%, and then finally use it down to 0% again.

Try a Reset, hold both Home and Power buttons for about 15 seconds until the iPhone turns off itself and then restarts. This will reset the battery meter at least.

I have same problem. Nothing can't help to resolve it.

ya mum a slag

Iban will be eternally grateful.