The Razer Blade Stealth is a competitor to the MacBook line from Apple and runs Windows.

My battery stopped working?

for a long time now my battery life persentage in windows has been going between working and not randomly but starting four days ago my laptop wouldn't start when nott in charger and when i finally checked the battery pannel in the task bar it said that there was "No Battery Present"

so my question is: How do I fix this? Do I have to open it up and reinstall the battery? or do i have to send it back to Razer?

Most Helpful Answer

Send it back to Razer. If you open it it will probably void the warranty. They will most likely replace it.

If the laptop is under warranty return it but if its not then open the laptop follow this video You can find replacement batteries on ebay or amazon. Depending on your model. Hope this helps

most of the time the battery not detected issue will be caused by a thermal resistor or thermal fuse inside the battery pcb itself, in other words a bad battery. However, sometimes it comes down to a motehrboard issue such as a clock or data line to the battery being corrupt. Feel free to send it in if you would like a free diagnoses of it. I'd be more than happy to help with this repair.

@techworksrepair careful with offering your services but not actually providing an answer to the question. Like "to a motehrboard issue such as a clock or data line to the battery being corrupt." which one and how do you test for it?

I would not want you to get called out on spamming

So you dont think i provided an answer to the question? I certainly did just explain what it most likely is. I know this because i repair hundreds of these devices and a clock/data line for battery is whats responsible for detecting of the battery, current sensing issues would be more of a not charging issue. I can tell you what to check, in this case the pcb of the battery for open thermal resistors and fuses, which you have very easy access to on these models because the battery is held together with tape, or the many different data lines going from the charge controller to battery connector or to the IO. I can't possibly tell you which one it is out of all of them, I'm not a wizard. Most likely if someone does not know how to use a multimeter to go about checking these issues, then they also most likley do not have smd soldering equipment, and are therefore most likely not going to repair it themselves. If they do have equipment though, I'm always happy to help in diagnosing it over the internet!

shane taylor will be eternally grateful.