The larger version of Samsung's newest flagship phone, the Galaxy S8+. Released in April 2017.

Fast charging not working properly

Hi!

A week ago, I received my galaxy s8+ as a pre-order. The phone worked properly, until it didn't charge fast anymore... everytime I plug in my charging cable (the same cable and adapter that came with the phone) a pop-up appears saying that it can only charge slow and I had to be sure that the charger was plugged in properly. I then tried cleaning the port with a thin plastic stick. This worked for about an hour, whereafter it stopped working. Until now, it still takes 6 hours for a full charge..

Does anyone know how I can clean the port properly, without damaging it?

Thanks in advance!!

I'd take it back for warranty. Sounds faulty to me.

@benjamen50

Thanks for your reply!

I Will bring it back.. however, I did root my phone. Is it possible that i can unroot the phone and then bring it back for warranty?

I don't know about that though because it will say knox warranty void 0x1 in the download mode on screen which technically means warranty voided so you can only try.

nabil will be eternally grateful.