Problems after screen replacement

I tried to fix my phone with a replacement screen. The first go around- perfect! I couldn't believe it.

Then the next day I had ribbons on missing pixels. I tried to ignore it but it was super annoying.

So today I went in to see if the cables weren't attached tightly enough. I took everything apart and put it back together perfectly, but the first time I tested it, the ribbons of missing pixels were still there.

The second time I did it may have been a bad idea because now the phone is unresponsive. It doesn't take calls (though when people call me it doesn't go directly to voicemail) but it doesn't make noise when I plug it in and the screen is black.

I'm afraid I broke it but I don't see how!

You need to go back through the repair guide and double check all of your steps. A couple of things to look for:

• Always disconnect the battery before removing the screen assembly and connect the battery last.
  • If you didn't disconnect the battery before, you may have damaged the backlight circuit. Shine a bright light on the screen to see if you can see a dim image.
  • Check to make sure that the connectors are properly inserted. They should have a snapping sound when properly done.
  • Make sure you put the right screws in the right place. The iPhone 6 is sensitive to this. Putting a longer screw in the place of a shorter one can damage the logic board (Long-Screw Damage). You DON'T want this to be the issue.
  • Before testing, secure the retention bracket as it holds the connectors in place securely (but see above!)

Finally, let us know what kind of replacement screen you purchased. There are lots of inexpensive and low quality screens out there.

Thank you Minho. Unfortunately, I did not disconnect the battery. Sadly I had not heard of this site yet and was following the instructions I received with the phone kit. I did shine a bright light on the screen and did not see an image. I reset my phone and it turned on again. But still there is a thick ribbon of missing pixels running down the screen. The screen I purchased was the RSTH LCD Screen Touch Digitizer Display Frame Assembly Replacement Kit for iPhone 6. I got it on Amazon... I'm thinking that may be problem.

The screen display with the missing pixels issue is most likely because of a bad screen.

Try plugging the phone into a computer and see if iTunes detects it. It should say either 'iPhone locked with a passcode' or 'Please trust this device to this computer' meaning that the phone is turned on and working.

If this is the case then you probably don't need to worry about long screw damage.

Erin will be eternally grateful.