The Asus ROG Strix GL702VM-BHI7N09 is a gaming computer released by Asus in January 2017. It can be identified by the serial number on the bottom of the keyboard.

Why is my computer getting so hot?

The computer keeps reaching 100 degrees after I play for less than an hour. I've already tried placing it on a cooling pad, which worked with some of my other computers. I'm worried that these temperatures might cause an internal error with the computer.

The Asus ROG Strix is a high end gaming laptop and should be able to handle higher temperatures very well. If you're still concerned, feel free to check out the troubleshooting guide here to diagnose your specific problem and see potential solutions. Hope this helps!

Most Helpful Answer

If it's 100 degrees Fahrenheit that's absolutely fine and there is nothing wrong with that, if its 100 degrees Celsius, that's not great but for a high performance gaming laptop, it should be fine. Try turning down your game settings so the laptop doesn't have to work as hard and thus can work at a cooler temperature. If its still at 100 degrees Celsius and you turned down the settings report back here and ill give you other options.

Also, do you hear the fans spinning, and what program are you getting the temperature measurements from?

100 degress c is not good for your notebook and your performance will suffer. It may even cause damage over time to you notebook.

I have the same notebook and went through an RMA process with ASUS to fix the problem of over heating and poor game performance. I sent the computer to them and got it back without anything fixed and no info on if they even did anything to it.

So I took matters into my own hands and removed the bottom cover of the laptop. Sure enough I was getting better performance and cooler temps by 10 degrees c!

It is a design issue with the laptop and more info and solutions can be found on this forum:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.ph...

download intel extreme tuning and change the core voltage to -.080 or -.100 my temps are now at 79 to 85 c and it didnt have any effect on my FPS just runs way cooler. this is a common issue on this laptop and asus calls this normal range at 100c!!! its way to hot

maybe if you just clean the cooling fan its good idea

Sydney Gray will be eternally grateful.