Repair guides and support for the Huawei Mate 9, an Android smartphone first released in November 2016.

How to solve locked device after hard reset

I am having a problem in Huwaei mate 9 /Model: MHA-L29

I was doing hard reset wipe data and then factory reset it seems while doing the wipe its not done completely first it reaches 15% then it jumps to 100% claims thats it complete.

after the factor reset first I had a locked screen with emergency dialer and a space to put password but there is no keyboard and now I have a black screen with the soft keys but other functions like voice screen logo charging is working. Please help me couldnI download a new software as I don't know my build number so I can't reflash it beside when I choose the software place should it be related to the purchase country or to my residencey ?

Please help me as I can't send it to the company as I am in Africa and here there is no huwaei company..

Use a USB-on-the Go (OTG) to connect your phone with a USB keyboard eneter your password if you have one then download Gboard from your Play store. Simple

Dima Kadah will be eternally grateful.