Touch ID Not Working After Screen Replacement

I recently changed the screen + digitizer on my 6S Plus, and transferred the home button over for touch ID, but it's not working, aside from the normal home button. TouchID isn't activating, and it doesn't look like it's from a bad cable. No cracks, no tears, nothing. I read the connector is made for the specific logic board, but that doesn't look like a cable that can be transferred. Any help here? I know it's been asked a few times before but I haven't found an answer yet. Thanks in advance!

After a short talk with an Apple Advisor and a diagnostic test, they confirmed the Touch ID module wasn't even detected in the phone... if that helps any

Apple has the touch locked up on doing repairs. They have made it impossible to repair without and retain the touch.

My guess is a bad home button extension cable on the replacement screen. If the old screen still works, try plugging the home button in that one and see if it works.

Sorry but you will have to try another screen to test.

Digitizer on the old screen went kaput hence the reason for a new screen assembly. The cable looks completely intact, no cracks, no tears, nothing I can see. Unless it came loose in the sensor and I can't see that, the cable is fine

Defective home button cables are a very common thing. You will just have to get another screen to test home button.

I don't have access to a different screen

The ribbon on the bottom of the aluminum heat sheild , where the home botton plugs into creased. It is VERY delicate and if you didnt use heat, more than likely you damaged it during disassembly.

Resolution = buy a new heatsheild with flex ribbon already attached for $5 and swap out the old one. Ebay has them cheap. I back myself up with extra heatsheilds and proximity sensors for All iphone 6 repairs

Somewhat yes. I always heat that ribbon to the home button from the glass side of the screen but I was actually referring to the connection of the hone button to the back of the heat sheild. That is the sensitive part

it is glued on and damages easy when it is not heated and removed. I just saw after my post to you that a ribbon cable is $2.49 on wholesalegadgetparts.com. I like having a whole back up ready to go for the extra 2.50 but i am pretty confident that is your problem. I had gone through this issue many times before using a hair dryer and heating my GLASS side of the broken screen to be very warm ro touch.

I didn't use heat to remove the home button, I just pushed from the front of the screen in to remove it. That makes a difference?

Isaac Wood will be eternally grateful.