A large smartphone by LG, released in fall 2014. The LG boasts a Quad HD IPS display and a 13-megapixel camera.

LG G3 Blue Screen

The Lg G3 will flash the logo sign and then after a second the screen flashes blue. Is it a software or hardware issue

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

Most Helpful Answer

Not sure...but I had the same problem and fixed it. I opened up my LG G3 (unscrewed it open), took out the motherboard. Preheated my oven to 350° fahrenheit and stuck it on a cookie sheet (on foil) for 9 minutes. Put it back together and now my phone works even better than before...it's a lot faster. I found this trick on YouTube. Look it up...it works. I'm super happy that I didn't lose any of my internal photos.

This procedure worked for me. Baking the mobo allowed it to start up again, like magic.

Did you unscrew anything else or just the mothevoard with the other parts on it?

problems finished in phone ? didnt blue screen problem happen again ?

Thank you so much for this post! I went to youtube and found a great detailed video. MUCH APPRECIATED, you saved me $$$ (at least for now)

Sounds to be software although you cannot rule out hardware issue completely. First, you should try to factory reset the device. While off, god the power button and volume down button. When the LG logo appears, release and then re-hold the power button while always still holding the volume down button. The factory set menu will appear and you can attempt to reset the device. This should fix all you problems.

First How turn on

it is not an absolute solution. problem happens again in phone . it is temporary solution.

iPhone guy doesn't know s%$t. It's not REMOTELY a software issue! "This should fix all you problems", UMM NO!

It's a heatsink issue with the processor.

I really hope you don't try charging people money for your ill thought advice.

It is a hardware problem. The processor is unpacked. You have to heat up the motherboard , but is a temporary solution. After a time the phone will do the same problem.

This was a fantastic solution but all of the pictures and contacts, saved messages, etc from this year are gone. Any advice? Pretty upset.

yes it is fantactic solution but it happens again and again. I have same problem in my phone , I try what I found in internet to solve my problem

Oven at 180º for 10 minutes works like a charm :D

180 Celsius same as 350 Fahrenheit

For 9 min at 350 Fahrenheit? Will it not melt? Do I remove the heat Shield?

Is it the heat or the dehumidifying that helps?

The heat helps to fix the soldering connected to the processor. De-humidification won't solve it in this instance. Kinda like "fixing" the original Xbox 360 red ring of death -- however, because this is obviously a smaller unit, it helps.

The issue with the 360 was that after certain heat and cooling, the graphics card warped and made a connection with something else that it shouldn't have.

Be careful with the motherboard, though. I think 8 minutes is more than enough; you don't want to burn the thing. But it needs to get hot enough to make a difference.

Once it was cooled enough for touch (or common sense), put it back in, replace all other parts and screws, should work. At least, it did for me, and I was $@$*!&%& bricks at first.

In the meantime, start saving for a new motherboard, just in case. You can never be too careful.

BTW, I did add a little folded up square of alfoil between the processor and the backing, as a makeshift heatsink. Seems to be ok for the moment.

Hmm, i took the motherboard out and put everything in a sealed bag with silica gel packets for about 16 hours. Everything worked great for 3 days and then it blue screened again. I just put a .005” brass shim between the processor and backing, if that doesn't work i may try the oven.

Had the same thing happen to me (actually bought dead phone on purpose but whatever) so I did this, as I didn't want to use owen (my parents probably wouldn't let me anyway): I took my hairdryer (2500 W), put extension that makes air more focused and precise, took the board out and blazed the SoC for few minutes. Note that I held SoC down all the time. So it worked and i placed paper between screen and SoC, thick enough to keep SoC pressed and possibly enchance colling a bit (as G3 doesn't have any cooling and thats such and failure but whatever). I hope it doesn't die again but I am confident it won't.

You don’t need to bake it. Just take the back cover off, remove the battery, turn it face down, and let it cool for ten minutes. Every time this has happened to me, I’ve done the same thing and it’s worked every time.

Tori Hawk will be eternally grateful.