lid lock bypass procedure

Amana top load washer has a 4 wire lock switch. I connect blue & white wires it will start to fill then stops & red lock light starts blinking ,then fill light blinks , that is all it does.

I bought new switch & latch still not working

Do I recommend it? NO.

The lid lock it to prevent injury to the people near the washer, as without it stopping the machine, the agitator will turn with the lid open.

So.

If you will open the top up, you should see the lid switch, and you should see the electric wires attached to it.

With the machine unplugged, you can disconnect the wires to the lid switch and attach them to themselves, and the lid switch will then be by-passed.

Mayer, Just for my on knowledge, you recommend that Terry attach the 4 wires of his Lid Lock to themselves? The "Positive" from the control board to the Electro Magnet relay, the Negative for the Relay, The sensor wire from the control board and the sensor return.. All attached to themselves? What's gonna happen when he plugs the machine back in?

Silentthunder38 Please feel free to write a better answer. Your the one that described wiring to short it out.

What wire connect to what to bypass?

terry dorner will be eternally grateful.