Eleventh generation of Ford's flagship pickup truck.

Instrument Cluster Self Test

Is there a way to have my 2004 F150 perform a self test on the Instrument Cluster?

@ron_dav, Ronald, Instrument Cluster Diagnostics explained, for a more detailed explanation use the links below. Good luck. I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

http://www.f150online.com/forums/lightni...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk0LRvQw...

Thanks for the speedy response. I will test this tomorrow and I will get back to you. I don't I am not aware that I have a trip odometer. But that doesn't mean I don't have one. I will let you know tomorrow evening.

I thank you for responding to my question. You added additional information to the response from Cameron.

If your doing this to check what lights may or may not be on, just get a simple image on google and compare. If you want to do other tests, a quick search brought this up and this might be what your looking for.

Hope this helps! If it answered your question, please hit the answer button!

@mayer

I really am impressed with the speed of the reply. Thank you very very much. It is exactly what I was looking for. I have 3 issues and all point to the Instrument Cluster or the Body Security Module. So I asked about the Cluster Self Test first. I have already checked the fuses that were suggested as possible culprits. I will ask questions about the issues separately. Thank you Cameron for your help.

So we got a 2005 Ford F150 from a impound lot. Found that the stereo fuse kept blowing. Pulled stereo that issue fixed. Mind ya it melted a penny.. Now I cant seem to track down the gauges, windows, and A.C not blowing cold. Got a new stereo and it lights up but wont turn on.. Any Ideas??

ronald davis will be eternally grateful.