Samsung's 5th-generation Android-based Galaxy smartphone was released April 11, 2014. Improvements to the phone include a fingerprint scanner, updated camera, larger display, and water resistance. It is available in four different colors; black, blue, white, and copper.

Galaxy S5 wont go past Start up Logo Powerered by Android Screen?

I did a charge port replacement on a Galaxy S5 for verizon for some wierd reason it wont go past the boot logo? I have checked and the charge port is for the correct carrier.

Anyone know what is causing this even being a Samsung Repair Tech professionally this has me stumped.

Try going to recovery mode

Power off your device completely.

– if the phone doesn’t boot recovery after you complete the guide, then you have to remove its battery and re-insert it after a few seconds, then repeat the guide.

Boot recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power, all at the same time.

Release all buttons when the Galaxy S5 screen flickers and the main Recovery screen will appear.

In the recovery mention do a wipe cache.

If this still doesn't work, do a factory reset. Please note this wipes all of your data on the phone.

If you can't get into recovery because it involves the home button, then there is something else wrong, like maybe a defective daughterboard.

Didnt work on factory or clear cache still the same any other solution you can think of?

Surprised why nobody suggested reflashing Samsung firmware

@benjamen50, OP says he is a Samsung Repair Rep. Replacing a daughterboard should not need someone to completely reflash the firmware. I will say though, @cprroseville, I do know the Galaxy S5, and it is very sensitive to the daughter board. The daughterboard has at least 3 versions (one for Tmobile, one for AT&T, one for Verizon, maybe other carriers too), and each daughter board has a subversion (i.e. Tmobile v.1.1, etc). Not having the correct carrier and revision will likely cause this issue.

stephenthormodson will be eternally grateful.