Parts & Tools

SodaStream Source is a new way to create soda in the comfort of your own home that allows you to personalize your beverage and make only the drinks you want, avoiding all the extra bottles.

Why is my finished soda flat?

I followed the steps and noticed that my soda is coming out flat.

Most Helpful Answer

You have to exchange your c02 cylinder for a full one. Either that or buy the equipment to refill it yourself like i do.

Make sure you are using water and not previously flavored liquids. If you would like extra fizzy soda, begin with carbonated water.

We quit using the sodastream because the fizz was gone. You didnt' answer the question above, why is this happening? It didn't last but a couple of months. Can you give me an answer before I throw it out.

I have the same issue, mine worked fine for 3+years then just stopped working. Replaced the gas with a genuine gas, it appears to carbonate, if you hold it down long enough it it hits the bypass valve etc but no gas at the drink.

When looking at some YouTube videos for the typical fix https://youtu.be/st4d6drjVeE . I didn't get the backpressure of gas out the back, only a slight hissing noise.

I tried in on a mates Sodastream that was working correctly and there's had a fairly large rush of air (like in the video).

I guess I have a blockage which is too stuck for the gas pressure to dislodge. I'm yet to disassemble mine to look at the issue but thought I would post here first.

Buy a new one at a thrift store. I’ve found ones with full CO2 cylinders for $5-10!

Alexandra I Curtis will be eternally grateful.