The MacBook family was first introduced in May 2006 and replaced the iBook as Apple's consumer laptop.

White Screen Macbook

After changing broken LCD Screen for some reason now I get a all white screen. I figured it was a bad cable so I replace the ldvs cable but I still have the same issues. Could anyone help with this one?

Well, you replaced the right parts! A white screen indicates a LVDS cable or LCD...

At this point, I see a couple of options:

1. the replacement parts are also bad.
    • Did you have this problem with the broken LCD? Do you still have it? What happens if you plug it back in?
  2. the video processor (permanently affixed to the logic board) is bad.
    • Do you have an external display available? If so, connect your machine to it. If it displays the same symptoms, the logic board probably needs to be replaced.

Good luck! Keep us posted!

Yes it does have video on a external display. I even took a working screen off of a antoher macbook and place everything into the one im speaking of and I had the same results. Is there a smooth way to fix this issue? Is this the same type of situtation the ibooks had years ago. Thanks for your comments!!

I have seen this happen with bad RAM and/or a bad Optical drive. Try removing RAM one slot at a time, try disconnecting the optical drive from the logic board.

If any of these steps cause the normal screen/desktop to return, there's your trouble.

Good Luck,

N.

Have the same issue, have disconnected the CD, Hard Drive, tried two different cables. External works, but internal does not.

Even tried four different sticks of RAM in each slot, every possible combo...

Any other pointers?

djones160 will be eternally grateful.