Apple announced the Retina MacBook 2015, model A1534, on March 9, 2015 to launch on April 10. It has a new unibody construction and includes an updated trackpad, keyboard, and Retina display.

device not charging after coffee spill, liquid went only into port

Hi, so I accidentally spilled some coffee in my backpack (coffee top wasn't screwed on right), which dribbled down then got into the USB/charge port of my 2015 MacBook.

I tried, in a panic and idiotically, to charge immediately after, without drying out the port completely (but will I really know if it's dry?), and of course it won't charge.

Have I done lasting damage? Or can I try the rice-in-the-bag trick later and cross my fingers? Is there something else I should do? MacBook is working fine, but I am worried that I won't be able to charge it again, ever!

It's probably too late for the rice, but it never hurts to try it. Does it look like it shorted at all?

Hi, thank you! I guess it didn't short, it is working, for now. Whew!

Rice as a desiccant is an old wives tale (Absolute BS!!!)

Open it up ASAP. Disconnect the battery. Blot up any liquid you can find. Take the logic board out and inspect it. You have probably fried the USB-C port. Let it air dry for a couple of days.

Plan on replacing it: MacBook 12" Retina (Early 2015) USB-C Port

Here's how: Retina MacBook 2015 USB-C Port Replacement

MacBook 12" Retina (Early 2015) USB-C Port Image

Thank you for these helpful tips! I lucked out/dodged a bullet and it appears to be charging....for now. I'll refer back to these tips for any other mishaps.

BeeCee will be eternally grateful.