First Generation Electric Motorized Longboard released by Boosted, June 2014.

Replace new battery in Boosted board 1 gen

i have a boosted board first generation and my battery is dead. Can somebody explain how i can replace the batteries and the board will work later on :)

I went to an batterie shop and they told me that the batteries are broke for sure they got new batteries but they said it will not work because of the BMS (battery management system)

So my question is: what batteries should i buy which tools do i need and how can i make my boosted board work again. If i charge it now it only runns for 2-3 minutes and then dead :(

the battery shop already took the batteries out from the board and the would make a new akku for me but i also would try it on my own

i would highly appriciate if somebody can help me to get my board fixed, i am from central europe and the shipping to USA would cost me 200 USD. So i would rather try it on my own before sending it to boosted for 200 usd and then pay additional for the repair work

thank you all for any hints

BR

Simon

Do you still have the BMS?

where can i find the bms? now i just took the old batteries out,

i have some pictures how it looks like now

You will need to replace the dead 12S1P pack of A123 26650 cells with new ones by spot welding a new pack together.

Here's a battery diagram.

just replaycing the battery pack? are you sure there will be no problem with the bms?

did you do it before?

I have created a Boosted pack before. It is just 12 of the cells I mentioned in series to create a 38.4v pack. Send the pictures to my email, jakemethner1@gmail.com. The BMS is a fairly large green PCB on top of the battery pack.

I have exactly the same problem on my boosted board v1 (I live in Europe too). I will have to disassemble the battery pack and make a new one. Is it difficult to assemble the new battery pack with the bms ? Thanks so much for your answer. Stephane

Yes it is extremely difficult. You will need some quite expensive tools to properly put together a identical pack. You will need capacitive discharge spot welder for battery welding, battery nickel tabs preferibly, .25mm or larger and 12 A123 cells. Dissassembling the battery is dangerous enough considering its high voltage and intricate design.

I'd suggest either sending it back to Boosted for repair or finding a local battery shop that knows what they are doing.

I would offer to help, but I am in the USA.

Anyone got any updates removing the old battery completely?

Following the guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7LOwbEp... , was able to strap a secondary battery to the board, works; but the old battery is dead weight yet is still needed by the BMS.

I assume there is a message being sent back to the motor circuit.

What are you trying to do? Is your original battery dead?

Replace the old battery completely. Sadly made a 10S battery pack: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-CZIb7...

The BMS will flash critical red and the remote will beep.

Saw your diagram, does the battery need to soldered to the BMS like along C1, C2 ? Exactly like the diagram? And it worked for you?

Simon B will be eternally grateful.