In 2012, Sony Entertainment announced that the company would be releasing a new version of its 2006 Playstation 3 console. The new console is call the Playstation 3 Super Slim and is identified by the model number, CECH-4000. The PlayStation 3 Super Slim (CECH400x) is the third version of the PS3 video game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment. It was released October 25, 2012.

Stuck on the update loop!#8002F1F9

The system update is stopped when it reaches 60% and it shows the error code#8002F1F9.

When I restarts the system, the system update starts from the beginning directly and repeats the same problem. What should I do? Please answer me fast...

I have this problem too, would replacing the hard drive solve it

Most Helpful Answer

Several possibilities:

1) Bad bluetooth/WiFi card - this is easy to replace.

2) Bad nor chip - this requires soldering

3) Bad Hard drive - this is easy to replace.

4) Try downloading the update to a USB stick and update that way.

The real problem is with the bluetooth/WiFi card. It wasn't working before the system update. I'm afraid of removing the parts of ps3 and soldering. The SONY service centre said that, my ps3 can't be repaired and can only be replaced with a huge amount. What should I do now? Can I skip the update loop without completing it?

If the Bluetooth is bad, then no. The DualShock 3 uses Bluetooth to connect to the Ps3.

Yes, that's right. My controller is not working wirelessly. But please tell me a solution to skip this update. I cant play now. When I turn on the system, it will directly starts updating and repeats the same problem. I have no access to the XMB menu now... Please tell me a solution to skip this update without updating it.

Try this. While the PS3 is off, take out the hard drive. When you turn the hard drive back on, you will get "missing hard drive error code". Without turning off the PS3 again, simply insert the hard drive. According to another thread, the update may continue. Otherwise you will have to replace the bluetooth chip.

When I turned on my PS3 without hard drive, it shows a message like " hard drive is missing". No updates are going on that time. As you said, I inserted the hard drive without turning off the PS3, but nothing had happened. After sometime, I restarted my ps3 without removing the hard drive. Soon, the update started and stopped at 61%

I had this problem. When I took apart the PS3 to clean the dust, replace the thermal paste and hard drive, I started getting this error when trying to update.

What fixed it was replacing the CMOS battery (watch battery on motherboard). From a suggestion from this guy. The CMOS battery change did the trick.

I am getting error code (8002F147) on my PS3

How do you get the cover off to get to the mother board x

Shinju Shaji will be eternally grateful.