Where can I get a replacement for the fans?

As the title, im looking for a replacement for my broken fan.

Frederick Sacsac , Did a good search for replacement fans for Gigabyte P35G V2 with no luck. Perhaps you could open machine and get a part# directly off the fan and search that part # and have better luck.

I did open then laptop and removed the fan, i did a research on internet but couldn't find anything.

On the fan there is a sticker with this written on it:

FCN Brushless Motor FFND DC 5v 0.5A

DFS200005090T

I also tried an extensive search for parts to no avail. How about a few closeup pictures of the fan, also if it is the right or left fan. It probably a pretty standard part. Including mm measurements might also help. Would you mind telling us why you think it has failed?

Most Helpful Answer

I am trying to find a solution to this problem as well. Do you still have access to the fan? I just had a few questions regarding the possibility of repairing it.

Are you able to remove the fan and the motor from the casing? If so, can you send me a picture of it? I was thinking about replacing the fan with its original casing.

Yhea i still have the fan.

I managed to remove the 'casing' but i cant remove the blades from the casing.

If you peel back the forcecon sticker, are there screws to remove the motor? Could you post some additional pictures with the fan disassembled as much as possible? Thanks

I did try to look for the screw , but there is no screw under the sticker

I think i have located a fan!! i sent photos to a supplier here in Aus & he has quoted me $28 for the supply of said fan next Tuesday....

oh nice! let me know once you get it if it's the same size, and i'd like to know if they also ship to europe

8mm in height 7cm wide and 7cm long. the 'blades' of the fan are about 2.8cm long. the reason why i think it failed is because it started making some 'cruchy' nose when spinning at low speeds, then after 3 months is started making the whole laptop tremble when spinning at high speeds, (dont mind the cable, it got ripped when trying to remove the pin connector since it was glued in by gigabyte)

was there ever a solution to this problem? i too need a fan & cannot find one?

Nop. Never found a way to get a replacement of the fans..

If you can take some measurements of the fan, perhaps it would be possible for you to buy a replacement fan meant for another machine that has similar dimensions to yours and swap it in that way.

Usually the motor is permanently attached to the frame of the fan but you should be able to pull the blade assembly off. Perhaps what you can do, is find another fan with a similar blade size, that also has a metal plate backing, and perhaps cut the excess off the new one, cut the motor coil bit off the old metal plate, and somehow install the new metal plate onto the old one.

i wrote already the measurements of the fan in my first post. 8mm in height 7cm wide and 7cm long. the 'blades' of the fan are about 2.8cm long.

i tried many times in pulling the blades, but without success, there are no screws either.

Watch a video on how to remove the fan blade. I’m pretty sure it’s doable for a Brushless Motor. YouTube “Brushless Motor repair”. You can probably manhandle the fan to see if you can remove the blades since it is broken anyways

Frederick Sacsac will be eternally grateful.