A Kenmore residential washing machine.

What is this white stuff on my dark clothes after washing

White residue left on my dark clothes after washing

White residue left on my dark clothes after washing. How do I get rid of it. I have tried everything that has been linked to this question. Nothing works

I'd pull the filter and clean or replace it. Here's how:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djJQhM-R...

Thank you I will try that ...

Sounds like someone forgot to remove the facial tissue from their pocket before throwing their cloths into the laundry. You also may have an item of clothing which is shedding.

You'll need to run the machine a few times empty and hot water only making sure the tub is full and use some bleach to help remove the soap scum which will hold some of the tissue bits.

It took me 5 cycles to get my machine cleansed of all of the bits.

Don't forget to clean the dryer too! Here you'll need use some damp towels and a sneaker to bang it around.

Thank you for your input. I wish it had of been a tissue . It's not this residue is kind of sandy to the touch and gets all over my black clothes . I'm sure it's in the other loads but u don't notice it like in the black. I've run vinegar through it I've bought the ride washing machine cleaner and run it through. Just ran a full tub hot water with bleach. Nothing works.... it reminds me of soap scum in shower doors only sandy feeling...

It's driving me nuts. I'm about to go buy a new washer...

OK, then you have grit in your water then. You'll need to put an in-line filter to screen out the small particles.

Do you have well water, or do you have city supplied water?

rosesmurphy will be eternally grateful.