Touch screen not working after battery replacement?

I just replaced the battery on my iphone 5s. I was extremely careful but this is my first iphone repair. My phone boots up just fine and I even received a text, however, my touch screen is completely inresponsive . Should I just check all cables? Could these mean I mixed up screws? I am definitely in over my head on thus one and this will probably be my last self repair.

I replaced,soldering very carefully, the battery of my Conquest S8 phone and the touch screen stopped working.The phone boots up fine , everything seems ok ,key lock occurs ,and all the other keys are active but I can not even turn off the device because the touch screen is not working , I can not unlock the keys to do anything even turning off.

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

The 5S can be tricky if you don't keep track of the screws. On the Screen Bracket, they are all of different sizes and differing only by 0.1 mm. So if you put a longer one in the wrong place, you can certainly cause some major problems. Do a search on Long Screw Damage to learn more.

You also need to disconnect the battery before disconnecting the screen otherwise you can blow the backlight circuit. However, your problem is touch related. I would carefully remove the screen (see my note on the battery above) and visually inspect the connectors for debris, damage or missing components in the surrounding area. Then re-assemble and test.

Then get back to us with more details and we can guide you from there.

I looked up a few things about long screw damage and my phone does not have a blue screen- the display is as it should be. Occasionally I will see a minor line or something faint on the display.I was very careful with the screws so i'm hoping to rule that out. I will take it apart soon and reassemble all connectors and let you know if anything changes- thank you.

Thank you so much! I disassembled, cleaned the connector area, reassembled, and the screen now works and any weird screen lines are gone.

Thank you, some jack leg at Experimac replaced my battery and jacked up my phone. I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on! Saw this, checked the screws, they were in the wrong place. I put them in correctly and Boom! Screen is working again! Saved me a lot of money! Cheers to you.

Lindsey Bates will be eternally grateful.