Touch screen not working after battery replacement?

I just replaced the battery on my iphone 5s. I was extremely careful but this is my first iphone repair. My phone boots up just fine and I even received a text, however, my touch screen is completely inresponsive . Should I just check all cables? Could these mean I mixed up screws? I am definitely in over my head on thus one and this will probably be my last self repair.

The 5S can be tricky if you don't keep track of the screws. On the Screen Bracket, they are all of different sizes and differing only by 0.1 mm. So if you put a longer one in the wrong place, you can certainly cause some major problems. Do a search on Long Screw Damage to learn more.

You also need to disconnect the battery before disconnecting the screen otherwise you can blow the backlight circuit. However, your problem is touch related. I would carefully remove the screen (see my note on the battery above) and visually inspect the connectors for debris, damage or missing components in the surrounding area. Then re-assemble and test.

Then get back to us with more details and we can guide you from there.

I looked up a few things about long screw damage and my phone does not have a blue screen- the display is as it should be. Occasionally I will see a minor line or something faint on the display.I was very careful with the screws so i'm hoping to rule that out. I will take it apart soon and reassemble all connectors and let you know if anything changes- thank you.

Thank you so much! I disassembled, cleaned the connector area, reassembled, and the screen now works and any weird screen lines are gone.

My pleasure!

If this answer solved your problem, please “Choose as Solution”. This allows people in the future to understand which answers helped solve the problem and adds value to the site. - Thanks

Lindsey Bates will be eternally grateful.