iPhone 6s Severe water damage

My father thought he had lost his phone turns out he dropped it outside and it had been in pouring rain multiple times. My question is do you think I would need to get a new display for it because I don't want to pay for a new display and it turns out that I don't even need it.

Does it still turn on? Open up the phone and take out the battery and logic board. Replace the battery, they are pretty cheap on eBay. Soak the logic board in 90% isopropyl alcohol for 20 minutes. Then look for corrosion, it is a bluish greenish stuff. If there is any, brush it away gently with a toothbrush. Then let it dry and hope for the best. Before you replace the old battery, try to put it back in with no adhesive just to see if it starts working.

It doesn't turn on at all. Would I need to replace the screen I'm guessing I probably would but I just want to make sure.

The LCD would not be the first thing I replace. The LCD can fail when it is water damaged but it is not always damaged. Try a new battery and cleaning the board first.

hamza khan (hamugee68) will be eternally grateful.