Samsung's 5th-generation Android-based Galaxy smartphone was released April 11, 2014. Improvements to the phone include a fingerprint scanner, updated camera, larger display, and water resistance. It is available in four different colors; black, blue, white, and copper.

How to remove the mdnsd its draining my battery

My battery is draining due to the app mdnsd...how do i remove it...i do not have firefox installed on my phone and have been told that is the reason for the mdnsd.

Same here. Tried many things but not able to find a solution. It seems the answer on this question is not yet to find on the internet.

Most Helpful Answer

The one thing I did that was successful was 1. Power off the phone. 2. Plug it in to charge to 100% 3. Unplug once 100% 4. Turn the phone on.

5. Immediately RESTART the phone (close apps and restart option) while battery still 100%.

This works however, if you do an update download, it may reappear weeks later immediately after updates are made. If so, follow same process.

If you have Firefox installed, that likely is the culprit.

everything I've read on this problem tends to point to 100 different reasons . No one has an answer half of the people didn't have firefox installed .and the rest just randomly uninstalled things and claimed that was the fix . wish firefox was the answer but wasn't installed on my phone . good luck if you find the solution plz post the answer

I do not have firefox installed.

This ordeal started for me about 2 weeks ago. It started overnight and I couldn't figure out why all of a sudden I had to charge my phone 3 times a day. Not normal. I figured my original battery was finally toast, so I bought a reliable replacement at Batteries Plus. So glad I havent gone to them and complained. I've bought from them before and haven't had any issues. I had Googled "what's killing my battery" and so many posts said to check the battery status and there was something called MDNSD. I had it too, but everyone was saying uninstall Mozilla. I've never had it. I use Chrome. Others were saying uninstall FB and Msgr. I've dumped FB app a few times before but reinstalled it. Never had this issue. So I uninstalled FB, several other apps I didn't need, disabled some built in apps that didn't effect OS, etc. Some were saying turn off your phone & recharge to 100%. Then restart. Well, somehow it was gone. Didn't come back for several days. It went from 4% to as high as 38%. I was watching my battery life flat line in front of my eyes. I wasn't sure if it was FB or a specific game or a blue filter (for easier reading at night) that I had recently installed. I left the blue filter and game off. I recently tried FB app again and bam, MDNSD came back. Full force again. I did what I did before. It's not fully gone, but it's a manageable 4% and not seriously draining my battery but still there and I want it gone. I've been reading it's a social media scanner thats constantly reading our SD cards. I haven't removed and/or backed up & reformated my sd card yet. Not sure if that'll help. I keep reading we'll have to do a full factory reset. I don't want to do that because that will take me forever to put everything back. My ocd doesnt trust the progtam that backsup your entire phone and puts it back. I'll replace what I need. Done that a couple of times with other phones in the past. I keep reading so many different solutions that don't work for me. I may try letting go of FB msgr and see if that works. I don't do any other social media apps so I'm clueless what's causing this. I've checked my battery status. Usually screen is the highest percentage of battery usage. I'll bookmark this page and check for updates.

I had the same problem. Downloaded a system monitoring app, wished to track down the culprit. It gave me clear clues so finally I was able to track down mdnsd. It was located under root/system/bin. Simply made a backup and deleted it then restarted the phone. I have a rooted Note 4. So far so good. No mdnsd activity anymore. Phone works well, even faster than before. I don't know what this daemon does besides draining battery but it doesn't seem crucial. No fix on the internet for it. So i fixed it my way. :)

pameladavidson87 will be eternally grateful.