The Xbox 7MN-0001 Wireless Controller, was manufactured by Microsoft Corporation. It is the first generation Xbox One controller released, but has since been discontinued. This controller has since been supersuded by Models 1697/1698 and Model 1708. While this controller is commonly used with the Xbox One, it can also be used for PC gaming.

xbox one s controller overheating battery

Hello. I got my xbox one for 1 week. When I installed the batteries in the controller and started to set up the console I found that the battery door was getting warm to the touch. I immediately opened the door and took put the batteries which were so hot by this time I couldn’t hold them, after the light on the controller would blink twice and then shut off. I's a brand new xbox one s controller. What can I do? I'm from romania

I opened the controller and i found this problem.

idk my controller is been broken

I don't know how batteries work over there in Romania but you might have used unsuitable batteries. Sometimes there's batteries that will still fit but may have more power, thus, causing an overvoltage of some sort and overheating. If you used good, suitable batteries, then it could just be a defective unit. I would look and see if other people are reporting the same problem.

My controller is doing the same thing and it smells like something burning when I plugged a USB in (of course I immediately took it out). My Xbox one s controller is not even 2 months old!

Same thing just happened to mine I only had mine for 6 months ; (

I just had the same problem put with a power charger I have had mine for about 6 months and it stared overheating so I was like !&&* no I'm putting that right in the fridge if it works for xbox 360 controllers who says it doesn't work on a xbox one controller do it for about an hour or two

Xbox one only 6 mo old hardly used fried a hole in both wireless batteries!! I want them replaced or rhw controllers.

nicoara wiliam will be eternally grateful.