iPhone 5s broken home button unable to pass hello screen from reset

i did the factory reset on my iphone 5s, its got a broken home button.

i am stuck at the hello screen, where it ask me to press the home button.

Anyone got a work around. I can order a home button, but it will take a couple of days.

The original home button is broken, the flex cable is separated from the home button.

Then get a new cable

Yep this is the only solution that would work. And say goodbye to touch ID (any other home button used disables touch ID) as the original home button that came with the phone is ripped.

There is one way to get into iOS 10's setup and that is using iTunes. When you plug in your iPhone, on the "summary" page, there is "configure accessibility" button. Enable "Voice Over" and then go onto the iPhone and you can double tap the "press home to open" text using your touchscreen

THANK YOU Matthew P worked a charm!!

Most Helpful Answer

was the screen replaced? if so, and the button doesn't feel like it once did; it may be the screws holding in the button itself. i know when I've done replacements and screwed the bracket screws in to tight the button wont press properly.

He's right, also it could be the new display molding might not be quite right, and you'll have to adjust the screw tightening to work for that display

Another trick for easy fix is if it is too pushed in. Bend the metal plate outwards to increase distance from button and metal plate.

If it's too loose or dipped in. Simply do the opposite for the home button Metal plate. For example push it inwards.

I had this issue on iOS 10.3. If you are stuck at the "Hello, push home button" screen. I just turned the phone off (with the lock/power button) and then when it restarted, it was right past that screen asking me which language I want to choose. Then you can finish setting up the phone and go to settings to turn on the Accessibility home button.

Had the same problem and the restart with power button got my bypass the hello screen! Thanks Chris; also thanks ChiangFing for sharing the concern.

THANK YOU CHRISSSS!!! I got to the at&t store and they did a factory reset and forgot that my home button doesn't work. We called apple and they were no help at all!!! So upset! I'm only 12 and I looked up the situation and I read yours and showed the guy from at&t and he tried it and it worked!! Thank you!!

I'm confused. Do I hold the power button

Omgggg THANKS SO MUCH !!!! THIS REALLY HELPS YOU JUST SAVED ME

Thanks So much chris! im only 10 and this was a hand me down phone from my brother!

To get past the HELLO screen whit a broken home button you can disconect and reconnect the battery and you will see that now you can choose the language and country, afther finishing setup you can start assistive touch in settings.

I did this and it still wouldn't respond to my input to select the language. Hello screen is !&&*!

ChiangFeng will be eternally grateful.