Released by Samsung in March 2016. Model SM-G930V.

Why can I not place calls?

My Samsung Galaxy S7 recently stopped being able to place calls. I can still recieve calls, send and recieve messages and use data. The only this that is not working is outgoing calls. When I attempt to make a call the phone says "dialing" and the after a few seconds, it says call ended and hangs up without ever connecting the call.

If restart my phone in safe-mode and clear the cache, I can make one call successfully but then it stops working again.

I would guess that the problem would be resolved by factory resetting my device, but Iam still holding out hope that it wont come to that.

Thanks.

Check in the Phone app settings that outgoing calls have not been barred.

Not sure if it is applicable to Samsung, it is on my ZTE android phone, but try the following:

Go to Phone app > more > Settings > call blocking and see if there is an option to block outgoing calls.

(on my phone it is Phone app > Settings > Voice call > call barring > All outgoing calls > enabled/disabled.)

Hopefully this is of some help.

Thanks for the suggestion @jayeff , but sadly I checked and there is no call barring option in the Phone app settings for the Galaxy S7 and the call blocking menu only gives the ability to create a list of blocked incoming numbers.

Thanks again.

Hi @nbrown8941

Try this link

Press the blue arrow to scroll through the procedure for "I can't make voice calls"

http://mobilesupport.telstra.com.au/sams...

@nbrown8941 Did you ever solve your issue? I have the exact same problem on the Verizon Galaxy S7. I have even changed SIM Cards, and the problem still continues.

No, we were not able to solve the issue. We even tried a full factory reset of the device to rule out any configuration or software issues. After the reset it still happened, but only intermittently (one day a week or so) and during those times we just used Skype for calls. In the end we had to replace the phone.

Nate Brown will be eternally grateful.