Released in 2003, the iBook G4 replaced the iBook G3 as Apple's portable consumer computer.

please have a look to my pictures - logic board - battery not loading

Hello !

I've got a problem with my battery.for approximately 1 minute my ibook g4 says: battery installed (is charging). on the power adapter orange light. then it says no battery and green light. i have a picture of the battery contact. maybe my logic board is not working? if not - can i repair it?

kind regards from AUSTRIA / Europe, and please, i'm sorry for my bad english!

ronald

ibook G4

model: A1054

1,2 Ghz

12" display

It's very very unusual that due to a bad DC-in an iBook would work fine on AC power but not charge a battery. iBook DC-ins pretty much either work 100% or they don't work at all, so it's very unlikely that the DC-in is the cause, if the laptop works fine on AC power. It's also very rare for battery connectors in iBooks go bad.

Before doing anything, test your machine with a known-good battery to see if the behavior changes. Test with several batteries if possible. iBook batteries are very flaky and can misbehave in a million different ways, and 99% of the time the battery itself ends up being the problem. I would hate to see you spending time and money on repairs when most likely that is not even the issue.

I agree with your comment about spending money you don't have to--that's why I included the link for testing the DC board. I accept your answer based on your more extensive experience with this model.

On deeper review I am deleting my answer completely--the last thing I want to do is give bad advice.

http://ibooks.mohaverailway.com/testingi...

I like the link, thanks! Your diagnosis was a good one in general, and very applicable to PowerBooks/MacBooks...it's just that specifically in terms of iBooks, DC-ins don't generally act that way.

great thanks - i will try it. i will tell you what i have tryed and if it works...

thanks again, nice day

ronald

ronaldpree will be eternally grateful.