Why is phone not charging?

Hi there, the thing is that i have less than a month with the phone but it suddenly stopped charging. I didn't drop it and it never touched water, so I have no clue what happened. Already tried pressing all buttons, leaving it charging all night, etc. Any ideas?

Have you connected the USB cable to a computer or a different charger to see if it charges?

Yeah I already did

open back cover.... open usb charge socket DO short circuit usb SOCKET AND TOUCH A WIRE OR A METAL THING BOTH SIDES BAC OF THE USB CHARGIN PLACE DO IT 2 OR THREE TIMES THEN IT WORKS..... MY TWO PHONES WORKED THE MAIN REASON WHY THEY DONT CHARGE IS USING SOME FAST CHARGING CHARGERS OR POWERBANKS...... DO WHAT I SAID IT WORKS

Can you explain how to shortcircuit the charging port?

Yes how to do the short circuit thing? Can you explain step by step

Use a strong light and a magnifying glass to visually inspect the USB charge port.

Check that the pins are all there and that they are straight and parallel with each other. Also verify that there is no lint or dust in the port enclosure.

If there is dust or lint, do not use a metal probe to try and remove it as you may damage the pins. Try a vacuum cleaner, using short sharp bursts to see if it removes the debris. If it is still there after trying a vacuum cleaner, then using a wooden toothpick very gently pry it out.

If there is nothing in the USB port and as your phone is less than 1 month old , I suggest that you consult the warranty section in the documentation that came with the phone as to what you have to do to make a claim for a manufacturer's warranty repair or replacement.

I had same issue with my note 3, it wasn't charging normally and have to put it in a unique position to charge without disturbance.

To fix it, I just pushed the charging pin inside the phone charging socket a little upward.. Light n gentle push with a flat steel pin. And it worked, and is charging in any position I throw.

It worked for me..thanx..had tried software update,developer options etc but your method was the only effective one..

My phone is not charging quickly than as usual

My phone is not charging properly..once i switched off my phone and connected the charger then its working after that i removed charger and connected it is not charging...what is the problem...

Check if the adapter and the usb cable are working properly ( even if you use the original one. ) If they are okay, then probably the problem is lint. Try cleaning the charging port with a toothpick or paper. Try restarting the phone and charge again.

If nothing works, its best to take your phone to the service center.

But charger is functioning properly with other mobile ,another mobile charge properly without failing and get mobile full charge.

I had the same problem the solution that worked for me is to shut down the phone and charge it.

after a few days of doing that it goes back to charge normally

It happened to my phone too. It was dead for like almost 2 weeks. And then I let it charge whole day, it turned on just for 3 days. Now it won't charge again.... It is really killing me.

What is the problem...how to solve this

I try to charge my phone. But it cannot charge more than 15%..Even I charge whole night. Please suggest solution.

I purchased this phone 2-3month back only. I am not happy regarding this phone. Whats the Issue?

My Redmi crashes on plugging the charge cable. On plugged it showed red light blinking. But when I open the case and then discount and count the internal battery port (located beside battery), it will boot again.

On blinking it will charge but i have open the case and disconnet and connect the port. What shall do.

you restart the mobile

I had a problem with my note 3 pro showing -2% of battery...please help me

Daniela will be eternally grateful.