Suction cup only lifts screen during screen replacement

Hi there,

I'm trying to replace my screen and am following a youtube guide but when I pull on the suction cup it only lifts the screen itself and not the casing for the screen too, presumably because of where I have cracked it. I have removed the two pentalope screws too.

I've managed to solve this but whenever I go to lift the screen the phone turns on, how do I stop this?

I don't bother with a suction cup. I just go in with a flat head, or metal pry tool. Also I never turn the phone off. I just disconnect the battery, during every repair

I've seen lots of people use these

Jimmy

Seen people use this

Metal Spudger Set

Metal Spudger Set Image

Product

Metal Spudger Set

$7.95

Jimmy Image

Product

Jimmy

$7.95

I always turn off my iPhone and disconnect battery to prevent electric damage on the logic board. Better safe than sorry.

will jarman will be eternally grateful.