The Apple iPhone 5s was announced on September 10, 2013. Repair of this device is similar to the previous models, and requires screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Silver, Gold, and Space Gray.

3669 Questions View all

Phone not turning on after replacement home button

Hi, After I replaced the home button on my iPhone 5s, it won't power on any more.

It does not make any sound, Does not power on if I plug the charger in the phone, and it is not recognised when I attach the iPhone to my computer.

What can cause this issue?

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment

1 Answer

Chosen Solution

What ribbon cables did you unplug to replace the home button?

Personally I find it as a relatively easy repair as I only need to unplug the battery and remove the home button with the 3 screws and metal home button blade holding it down.

Try holding the home button and power button for 10 seconds and see if it helps.

I suppose it could be caused by a bad home button so try unplugging the cable and see if you can get it to turn on after replugging the battery cable.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 2


I also unplugged the complete screen. I tried putting it on without the home button attached and unplugging the battery but this also did not work.


You unplugged the battery, and ensured all cables are plugged in, right? Did you hold the home and power down? If that doesnt work check your battery connector, you could have messed a connector up


Can it be that the new home button is broken so pressing the home and power button at once does not work? Is there another way to reset it without using the home button?

If the battery connector is broken, shouldn't the phone power on when connected to a power connector?


Sorry I forgot about that. Try plugging it into the power adapter and then holding down the power button and home button. There is a chance the home button isnt working. And sometimes if the battery is completly drained you will need to leave it plugged in for around 15 minutes to see anything on the screen. Hopefully the power IC isnt blown. Do you have a multimeter?


It still does not power on. I do have a multimeter. How can I check it?


Add a comment

Add your answer

Job de Lange will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 0

All Time: 50