Repair guides and support for netbooks produced by Asus, including the Eee PC line.

Laptop Screen goes black

My Sceen and all of the lights will go black at seemingly random intervals. The computer still runs fine, and it's as if the computer thinks that it is closed when it is definitely open. The only way for me to bring back the light is to repeatedly open and close my laptop until the screen comes back. Is there any way to solve this?

What is your laptop model number and what OS is installed?

Have you checked the sleep and hibernation settings in the Power Options setting in Control Panel?

Also as a test disable the "lid switch " option in the advanced area of Power Options to see if this has any effect on the laptop.

(The lid switch is used to alert the system when the lid is closed to turn off the backlighting to the screen (make it dark) to save power)

Has it been worked on?

Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor more than our dads—let’s celebrate all the mentors who taught us how to fix.
Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor those who taught us how to fix.

Sounds like the mechanism for telling the laptop that the screen is closed is faulty. Usually a magnetic switch of some kind. You didn't list the brand or model number of the laptop so I can't help further.

Jay Oster will be eternally grateful.