It keeps pausing playback

I thought it had something to do with signal, but it happens with my Audible app as well and those books are downloaded. It just randomly pauses whatever I'm listening to, even on Youtube.

So far it's happened on Pandora, Youtube, and Audible. What gives?

Are you using headphones? Perhaps buttons on headphones are triggering pause. Or the connection to headphones is loose. Get a new pair of headphones. Otherwise, did you enable 'double-tap actions' or powerbutton to pause?

Not solved. I thought it was the phone case but alas, it keeps happening. I'm currently listening to an Audible book on a Bluetooth speaker and it keeps pausing! On the way home, Pandora kept pausing. What gives?!?! I've already factory restored the phone.

Well how can i keep my phone from going on and off everytime i touch it

SOLVED!!!! After trying everything I could think of and spending hours on the phone with trouble shooting with no luck, I took my phone to metro and this chick started deleting apps left and right. I was trippin at first but she deleted my clean sweep app the app that supposedly protects from viruses, extends my battery life and cleans unearned files, and all my pretty keyboard apps and emoji apps and Hanna me back my phone. That was a week ago and not one Skip since!!! So it's definitely a 3rd party app messing with your phone. Delete anything that didn't come with your phone that you don't absolutely Have to have. Hope t this helps!!

I deactivated the DFNDR app( came with the phone- it wont let me uninstall it) but it seemed to stop the pauses I kept having.

Completely embarrassed to admit this but after calling Metro a couple of times and ranting on online forums trying to get help.. I had a bit of an A-HA! moment and it occurred to me that it might just be the phone case. It comes with a built-in screen protector, and I noticed several times that moisture builds up inside it. That moisture could trick the screen into thinking it's being touched. To test my theory, I took the case off.. and I haven't had a single problem since..

I suck lol.

Thanks for your help though! :)

Congratulations. Looking at a problem and thinking it through rather than depending on others for solutions will save you many trips to a repairman over your lifetimes. You're doing fine ;-)

This is BS. Obviously ppl should take the case off first.... It's common sense.. Just like MF say when they make a call and the person on the other end can't hear... Duh take the case off. People buy cases not compatible with their phone... Just bc it fits, doesn't mean it works. Now someone who DOESN'T have a problem with the case for this issue should answer.

Hey Taylor, have any REAL advice to give? or do you just get your jollies from getting upset at strangers for having the same issues that multiple other ppl are having. SMH. Clearly, we're not all using the "wrong" type of case.

Well I took everything off of mine and it still doing the same thing.

Mines dose the same and I tried without the case and with out the headphones same thing even when I watch Netflix or Hulu on my phone it pauses it's so irritating

I'm having the fact same issue and I don't have a screen protector or a case on my phone. This is my third ZTE max pro! The first two were so glitched and I'm beginning to think this one is as well!. I've tried everything I can think of short of factory resetting it. I'm really annoyed because it just started happening out of nowhere. It happens on ALL video and audio playback. It pauses at different times for no apparent reason. While I'm watch TV from my Xfinity app, YouTube, on videos on fb, Netflix and Hulu smh I'd really like to know how to fix this.

Agreed. This is the same issue I am having, across multiple programs as well. I can't even hear a full song from Pandora, the radio, or a short broadcast through FB. I don't even watch tv on my phone, but this is soooo annoying.

I too have the same problem with watching and listening to all apps on my grand x4 also when I type the keyboard keeps going off and I have to keep putting it back on

I'm having the same problems everyone else is having. Including the key board blinking out. But the most annoying is the video and audio pausing. My service provider said they have never saw anything like it.

Same exact thing is happening it me i've searched everywhere to find a solution and nothing i looked threw the settings a million times i deleted apps restarted my grand x 4 and nothing i've been wanting someone pls tell me how i can fix this its so annoying sometimes i don't even want to use it im so wanting to which to apple

I'm having these same issues as well with my grand x 4... All media pauses, keyboard disappears. I thought I had the pausing issue fixed. I went thru and cleared all data and cache from all apps, and deleted all unnecessary apps, texts, etc... Was fixed for about a month. Downloaded Netflix the other day, and it started again. Do today I uninstalled it repeated all the steps, and it's still doing the same! Grr! I took it into cricket and they said they never heard of anything like this... Didn't even offer any options!!!

I ended up having to send my phone to ZTE for repair. They fixed it for free because I only had it less than a month, I just had to pay to ship it there (like $7 from MA to TX). They had it for about a week. Before I shipped it though, I called Metro and explained my situation and asked them if they can temporarily hook my old phone back up again while this one was getting fixed.. they did it fast and free of charge. :)

Long story short, I got my phone back and all worked well for over a month. Until one day I went for a run using a running app that tracks my progress. As soon as I started using the app, the pausing problem came back. Worse than it was before! I thought that maybe using GPS did something to the phone since the problem came back the second I used it again (I had forgotten at the time that I had already used GPS since getting my phone back), so I downloaded an app called GPS Status and clicked Reset GPS. I haven't had the problem since. I can't say for sure that's what fixed it (in fact, I'm highly skeptical), but I figured it wouldn't hurt to share what helped me this time around.

In the meantime, I had contacted ZTE again and they opened another repair ticket for me.. they were willing to take the phone again. Which reminds me, I have to email them to let them know I'm holding on to it until further notice! I want to leave that option open for myself.

My initial request to ZTE was sent through their website, but I think you can email them directly at: mobile@zte.com.

Good luck guys!! I know how INFURIATING it is!

I have the same issue and it's just a month old!

Glad to hear it comes down to taking it in, I'm calling tomorrow!!! This phone is ass!

If you happen to have the Z Camera app on your phone uninstall it and that should fix the problem that is what was wrong with mine and it is the same for different brands of phones

My phone has been doing this as well. I only have the cheap little sticker screen protector on my phone, nothing fancy at all. I've tried uninstalling, turning off the wifi (thinking it was a crappy signal), etc. Nothing has worked! I like this phone, it's so frustrating.

Well the "sticker" isn't a screen protector... It's common sense if it came on the phone like that, it should come off... So obviously take your "screen protector " off... Jesus

It didn't come with the phone jackass. I bought it separate to protect the screen from scratches. In fact, the clerk at the phone store put it on for me. So take your unnecessarily angry ass somewhere else until you have something constructive to say.

Man, I'm so happy to find this page. I was literally cheated into this ZTE ZMAX Pro phone, but I've gotten used to it. I figured out that the protective case that they gave me for this phone after I sent it back the first time was causing my pauses on YouTube, Google play, etc. It was squeezing the power button at random times as well as making the phone hotter during this deep south humidity. Good luck to everyone else struggling with this!

Try turning off the Dolby Sound enhancement.

I'll try this. Thanks.

I was having this problem too... I uninstalled Z camera and now my phone is working much better only 2 stops in 8 hours. I can live with that!

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the ram... Not enough that's for sure!

I also uninstalled the z camera and I've gone through 4 songs and an add on Pandora with no stops. Thank you Jesus. I have the ZTE X4.

I've had the phone for about 3 weeks and it's done it since day one. I listen to music at work and it's been !&&* with the stops. Hopefully this will work for good

having the same problem, and the phone ZTE Grand x4 is brand new. Deactivated or uninstalled any useless app (games, amazon, ) and fiddled with several settings, but no change. I'm going to the Cricket store, to see if they can help, but after reading these comments, I may just send the phone back.

I just bought a ZTE Blade max yesterday and i'm having this problem on 2 different podcast apps and my music player. I've tried it on wifi, 4G, blu tooth, not blu tooth... keeps happening. About to take this thing back to the Cricket store.

I just took the Blade back to the store. They didn't have any more so I asked for a refund and got it. MINUS the $25 upgrade fee. MINUS the $25 screen protector. MINUS the $15 case. F*CK Cricket. They lost a customer over $65. ($25 actually)

Not my fault your phone was broke and not my fault you don't carry any extra's.

My old ZTE stopped charging correctly so I figured I'd get a new one had the old one a really long time and I loved it worked great never gave me any problems so I'd thought I'd get a new one. Well got the new ZTE Blade Xmax. Problems within the warranty time frame 7 days thru cricket. Pausing on all music thru spotify, dezzer and so on. Also keyboard kicking out. Took it back to cricket and of coarse they were out of stock of this phone and have never heard of a problem like that. Said they could get me a different phone or wait for order to come in to get the same one replaced. I decided to get it replaced with same due to very first ZTE. After 7 day warranty period new phone started doing the same thing go figure the 8th day just out of warranty. No more warranty thru cricket. Called ZTE tech support said it was pause feature causing issues told me to change my quality settings in spotify. Changed them with no luck also downloaded all my music using Wi-Fi so you can play when you have no signal no luck still does not work. IDK what else to do I use my music all day at work drive allot gets me thru the day. I hope ZTE comes up with a upgrade to fix this issue or I'm gonna have to get another phone can't take this BS.

Was about to send my phone into ZTE for warranty they said that may have phone for over 10 days. I really didn't want to do that but I can't handle the pausing anymore its driving me nuts. And I had reset phone and cleared cache with no luck continued to pause. Before I sent phone in started uninstalling apps. My phone came with z camera installed from cricket. Uninstalled it and I believe that did the trick. Been playing music non stop for the last two days with no pause.

I had this problem! But I fixed it. Whatever app I'm on, just pin it! Go to your recent app menus and click the pin. To unpin just hold the recent app menu.

I fixed the problem by uninstalling music streaming apps like "my mixtapes" its been a week and not one pause! Just try uninstalling apps that can download things like music to your phone and your good!

How do you "pin" an app

Hi, I have a huawei p9 lite I got it a month ago and it randomly stops videos on YouTube stops the music, push down the keyboard. Is this a setting that a have set, or an issue?

its not just zte folks I had zte pro max got rid of it went with lg fortune brand new phone still doing same %#*@ thing its the android process some how messing up

I have a ZTE blade x max would keep freezing on YouTube and Pandora I don't know what to do I contacted Cricket I contacted ZTE they sent me a replacement phone through ZTE warranty and still freezing I don't know what else to do when I call ZTE they said they never heard of that issue this is b******* this is the second device and still acting up

i have an LG Harmony (through Cricket as well) and im having the same issue as those of you with the

ZTE phones. both of these phones are on the latest operating system which is Nougat. My unofficial technical answer is that this is where the problem lies. (im so far from a tech person.....) but how can so many people have the same issue....but with different phones. only common factor in both.

as i read above, i did uninstall the z camara too. havent had a problem YET.....so fingers still crossed.) good luck to everyone!!!

Glori will be eternally grateful.