Touch ID not working after battery replacement

I replaced my battery and after putting everything back together the touch screen doesn't work. Says it can't be activated. I did have some problems removing the battery so I may have done something trying to get it out. Any ideas?

Make all the connections to test the touch screen to make sure the screen is working. Disconnect the battery and then reconnect it. That is what worked for me

Most Helpful Answer

@ Ben.

You can't put home button cable in and then connect battery cable on a 5S, it's almost impossible.

After the display is plugged in, and tested, disconnect the battery, then reconnect the battery. Then you plug in the home button cable, then the clasp for it, then close the display, then turn it on. The Touch ID should work then

My bad I worded it wrong and that I knew that..

Sounded fairly obvious to me, just figured he wasn't catching on

Thanks iMedic that worked

Hey Micheal,

Having the same problem after battery replacement.. :/

Did you fix touch ID problem? If yes, please advise.

I followed İMedic recommendation as stated above. And it worked!

Thanks...

Michael Huey will be eternally grateful.