This is a touch-screen controller associated with the Wii U video game console. It was released on November 18th, 2012, and available in black or white. Model number: WUP-010(USA)

Wii U GamePad buttons and touch screen not responding

My Wii U gamepad has been experiencing glitches with the buttons and touch screen. Only the R&L and ZR and ZL buttons are working. I tried to restart, neturalize the control sticks, and re-sync the console but nothing worked :(

The gamepad was fully-charged, cleaned and has no crack or any sort of damage done to it.

I haven't used it for over 5 months and I placed in at a safe location with nothing touching it.

I purchased my Wii U from Target in 2012.

While I'm not an expert on the Wii U my first suggestion would be to unhook and reconnect the battery. This is easily done with a 00 Phillips screwdriver. The battery compartment is on the back of the gamepad and only has two screws if I remember correctly.

I accidentally scripped one of the screws for the battery compartment, what should I do? D:

Here's a guide with tips on removing stripped screws

How to Remove a Stripped Screw

I recently had the same problem where none of the buttons worked on my wii u (including the touchscreen) except for the x, b and right analog stick. To solve it I took off the screen protector and put it back on and it worked properly so there must of been some contact it was sencing which interfered.

dreamertiffanyliu will be eternally grateful.