This is a touch-screen controller associated with the Wii U video game console. It was released on November 18th, 2012, and available in black or white. Model number: WUP-010(USA)

Wii U GamePad buttons and touch screen not responding

My Wii U gamepad has been experiencing glitches with the buttons and touch screen. Only the R&L and ZR and ZL buttons are working. I tried to restart, neturalize the control sticks, and re-sync the console but nothing worked :(

The gamepad was fully-charged, cleaned and has no crack or any sort of damage done to it.

I haven't used it for over 5 months and I placed in at a safe location with nothing touching it.

I purchased my Wii U from Target in 2012.

While I'm not an expert on the Wii U my first suggestion would be to unhook and reconnect the battery. This is easily done with a 00 Phillips screwdriver. The battery compartment is on the back of the gamepad and only has two screws if I remember correctly.

I accidentally scripped one of the screws for the battery compartment, what should I do? D:

Here's a guide with tips on removing stripped screws

How to Remove a Stripped Screw

dreamertiffanyliu will be eternally grateful.