The Mac Pro First Generation is an Intel Xeon-based workstation computer manufactured by Apple Inc. between the years of 2006 and 2013.

Replacing original 2.66GHz processor

Is replacing the original 2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon processor with an upgrade on the Mac Pro (Early 2009), the same as the Mac Pro (Early 2008) shown on this site?

It is a good start, but I need a more detailed teardown for the processor replacement. I am decent at repairing but I do need the steps. Does anyone have those steps?

Absolutely not. The 2009 has the processors and RAM on a bottom tray.

Here's the teardown on the 2009:

337306

Since iFixit does not sell parts for the MacPros, they have been reticent to give any attention to them or even list them in their guide section.

I have a 2009 2 x 2.93 Quad-Core Xeon. So I am interested.

BTW this machine is upgradable to Sierra and I have posted the Q&A on doing it, if you are interested.

EFI and Firmware update from 4,1 to 5,1 for Sierra Upgrade Solved

This eBay seller does these upgrades on the 2009-2010 machines and I post this so you can see the possibilities:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/brgins4sale/m.ht...

Thanks for the information, it will help me to move forward.

Julie will be eternally grateful.