iPhone won't power on

iphone 5 wont power on. it has been plugged in for 2 days. only shows the low power icon or the "plug in" icon. cannot reset using the sleep/wake & home button. Phone has all updates. it was a replacement I received around this time in 2014. prior to this I was having an issue with overall battery life. would drain in less than an hour with moderate use, if fully drained it would take upwards of 5 hours plugged in until it would power on. I have cleaned the charging port with a soft dry brush and it appears clean. Attempted to charge with different plugs and cables, and tested both on different devices. checked Serial Number to see if the device was a recalled unit and it was not. I cannot take it to a apple store because the closest one is out of state.

The battery only lasting for 1 hour in the past and now not going past low battery icon means it is most likely the battery that needs to be replaced.

You can buy a iFixit replacement battery here:

iPhone 5 Replacement Battery

Guide to replace battery:

How to replace your iPhone 5 battery

iPhone 5 Replacement Battery Image

Kevin Rios will be eternally grateful.