The Xbox 7MN-0001 Wireless Controller, was manufactured by Microsoft Corporation. It is the first generation Xbox One controller released, but has since been discontinued. This controller has since been supersuded by Models 1697/1698 and Model 1708. While this controller is commonly used with the Xbox One, it can also be used for PC gaming.

3.5mm female jack problems?

I recently encountered a problem where I get static white noise in my headset. The controller in question is an Xbox One Elite controller.

I have trying multiple headsets with the controller and both have static. I also have my plain controller that also has a 3.5mm jack with both headsets and it has no static at all. So i can conclude that the problem lies with my Elite controller.

I have tried using the rechargable battery pack, pack with chord, batteries, batteries with chord, and chord no batteries. All have the same static white noise.

Is there a way to fix/replace the 3.5mm jack or is there any other solution to my problem?

It may be that the 3.5mm socket has either a dry solder joint connection on the motherboard, has become slightly loose on the board due to removal / insertion of plug over a period of time or the internal springs in the socket which connect to the plug have lost tension.

In any event the controller will have to be opened for the problem to be diagnosed and repaired.

Here is a link to a video which shows the disassembly of your controller. If you stop the video at 2:15 minutes you can see the socket (I think- not sure if left or right component) on the circuit board, (on the board at the back, in the area just above the USB socket on the front board in the picture). Looking at the picture I cannot tell if it is a surface mounted or a through hole soldered type, so you will have to determine the problem once you get it open. Test if the socket is loose, by very gently trying to move it. It should be not moving at all, if it does 'rock' the connection is loose and will have to be remade. If the connection is solid the socket will have to be replaced as it cannot be repaired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ3qnxTi...

I have the same problem with my controller and i cant hear in one of my controllers and in the other my in game voice chat does not work like i can hear other just my mic does not work I've tried 3 different headsets all of them did not work so then i tried my friends controller and it did work i need to find a way to fix it because those controllers are not cheap you know?

jmichaelwhite2 will be eternally grateful.