Where is the lid sensor located?

I need to know where is the location of the lid sensor, because my display doesn't go to sleep when is close the lid and i already checked the software and no problem with the software i use the command pmset -g

System-wide power settings:

Currently in use:

standbydelay 10800

standby 1

halfdim 1

hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage

powernap 0

gpuswitch 2

disksleep 10

sleep 1

autopoweroffdelay 28800

hibernatemode 3

autopoweroff 1

ttyskeepawake 1

displaysleep 2

acwake 0

lidwake 1

What model number is printed under the MacBook? Sometimes the hall effect sensor can go faulty as other users have replaced it before and it has solved their problem.

I don't think there is a 12" Macbook am I wrong?

Usually it is on the logic board, but on this model the board is obviously in the middle of the Macbook, so it does not have the hall effect sensor here.

The only thing I can think of it being is a small circuit on the back of the keyboard, under a shield (see picture). I am not 100%, but having repaired a number of these devices, I cannot think of anything else it could be.

EDIT: Had to do a screen replacement on one today, so I took a clearer picture of the components under the shield. The circuit is very similar to the lid sensors on older models, so I think that is it. This is on the keyboard itself, so you would need to swap the keyboard if this is the part which is bad.

Do you have any idea how can i test it to know if it works or not?

There is no way of knowing other than trying a test keyboard, to see if that fixes it. As long as you are positive it is not a software issue, and have tried SMC/PRAM resets.

If you remove this shield, and there is liquid damage around these components, it would be resolved by replacing the keyboard. I haven't heard of these components failing on this model for any other reason though, so it would be strange if liquid was not causing the issue. If you run a magnet along the left side of the Macbook, and it does not sleep (and a setting is not causing this), it would indicate the sensor is bad.

@reecee How abut a mug shot on your profile or a spiffy avatar so your answers will stand out. Looks like you will be a great contributor to the site ;-)

Ameer Mawad will be eternally grateful.