Water damaged phone works perfectly after drying but overheating
So I recently dropped my phone in the toilet, immediately fished it out and switched it off and started shaking water out of it. I put it in silica gel packets to draw out some of the moisture (this was at night). The next morning I was able to get access to a screw set to open up the phone and dry it off and I thoroughly blasted all parts with compressed air to dry it all off.
I turned it on and it worked perfectly, camera was fine, able to send and receive texts, use wifi, etc, basically functioning as usual (save for small water stains on the screen).
However, a few minutes later, I noticed that it was starting to overheat in the upper right side, so I immediately switched it off, and it remains off. Any leads as to what's causing it and how I can fix this?
Is this a good question?