The Bose SoundLink Color is a Bluetooth speaker, designed as a more affordable and portable alternative to the SoundLink Mini.

The charging port broke. Can it be fixed?

Our daughter shoved a random charger into her brothers speaker and broke the port. Can this be fixed?

I am looking for an answer to this too.

Same thing happened to me. Can it be repaired?

I checked online nobody sold a charging port for the Bose sound link color so I called Bose and spoke to them about getting it repaired they told me they don’t repair them he asked me for the serial number off of it and lucky me mine was still under the warranty. I sent mine back they sent me the new model that is out which is the sound link II color. Good luck hoping they will do the same for you. It doesn’t hurt to call them.

think the reason they don’t repair them is because it no longer available it’s a older model if it was a newer model maybe

also checked eBay Thought if I bought a cheap one that was broken I could take the part out it and solder it in mine . but most of them on eBay probably have the same problem . Not worth taking a chance.

@sharpie75 and @mharrisonline take a look at this guide. Step 6 shows the port soldered onto the board. So it would not be easy. You could try and purchase a broken Bose SoundLink Color and harvest the port from it. Or you could possibly pigtail a separate charging port to it. This will depend on your soldering skills etc. If you can, post some images of the damage (disassembled) with your question. For that use this guide. That would allow us to see what you see and possibly point out where to solder to.

iFixit Image

Guide

Adding images to an existing question

Difficulty: Easy2 - 5 minuten

Bose SoundLink Color Speaker Image

Guide

Bose SoundLink Color Speaker Replacement

Difficulty: Difficult20 - 30 minutes

Stacy will be eternally grateful.