Second generation Learning Thermostat from Nest Laboratories

Where can I purchase parts for the nest 2nd generation thermostat?

Does anyone know where can I get the base motherboard for a Nest 2nd generation?

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

There's a couple of complete part sets on eBay, here's one on the seconds generation: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-Working-Con...

Problem is the complete unit is $50 less http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEST-Learning-Th...

I lost my wire connection during a move and how can I find a replacement/

The best chance of you finding what you need is to look for one on eBay. There are many that are not working and are sold for parts. Nest does not sell the individual parts. Very frustrating. Some get lucky giving Nest a call, but they are very uncooperative .... I couldn't find the circuit board anywhere, I gave up. After a month I found my missing piece all dusted on top of a paint can.. waiting for me... calling my name. I valued every piece of nest like if they were made out of gold from then on. I will not buy any Nest devices in the future.

You may have to contact Nest to see if replacement parts are even available.

Here is a link.

https://nest.com/support/contact-us/

You are probably aware of this but the motherboards between the different 'generations' are not interchangeable.

https://nest.com/support/article/Can-I-m...

I tried to find a replacement part on eBay and other sites. No success. Called customer support after I read your post and they declined to sell me a replacement but offer a coupon for an upgrade.

My Nest is working perfectly but now it's a paperweight. How long did you have your nest before losing the base? They wont sell you or give you a replacement part no matter what you do if you're past the two year warranty.

I have the same problem. I have a bad W1 wire terminal and wanted to get replacement base. Nest told me not possible to order replacement parts now that it is outside of the warranty. I know they have the parts but think that its ridiculous they can't offer them to customers in need of them, they only offer you 20% coupon towards buying a new one. How does a device advertised to save you money not allow you to actually save anything if you have to spend $200+ each time you need to fix it. Anyone found a way to get replacement parts?

I found the lost base, will value it like it's a royal jewel. Lesson learned, I hope it never gets damaged. If I ever need to replace thermostat or need an extra one I know for sure it won't be a Nest.

This practice of withholding parts and forcing you to buy a new unit for $200+ seems ripe for a class action.

Dear Ken S,

Attorney says "no class action"

Love,

Licensed Attorney

This is an annoying problem. The sensor that tells my Gen 2 thermostat that the ring is being turned failed. Everything about the Nest requires you to spin the ring, from turning up the heat to navigating the menu. Nest offered me the same 20% coupon because of my problem. 20%. I can find the Nest on sale at several web sites with a discount better than 20%.

Any thermostat should work for decades, not 24 months. And a thermostat that costs $250 should have a warranty for longer than 2 years.

After two calls to Nest support they say my base unit has gone bad and that I need a new one, no they don't just sell that part I have to buy a whole new Nest Thermostat but they will give me a 20% discount if I buy if from their store. Why would I spend more than $200 to but a device that breaks after a few years from a company that really does not care about their customers. My old cheap thermostat was still going strong 14 years after I put it in. I only repklace it to upgrade to the Nest. Now I will be finding a product by a company that can make something that lasts more than a few years and who supports their customers.

Just had my furnace cleaned, no wires touched, just regular maintenance, and after the technician left, the Nest Gen 2 registered a 10 degree higher ambient temperature than it actually is. After an hour chatting with a Nest technician, they offered me a 20% coupon as well. After some troubleshooting on my own, I disconnected the Yellow wire (air) on the base motherboard (to the Y port) and after a few minutes the temperature started dropping. I called back the HVAC technician who remarkably came back out to check if there was anything he could have done to cause it, but all the wires in the furnace were properly going to the right terminals there, matching the thermostat's wiring. The ONLY difference being that before the technician came, the humidifier was not working properly and now it is, but the wiring was not changed. The two white wires and the yellow wire (fan, humidifier and air) are all attached to the C terminal. Maybe there's a possibility that the humidifier actually working now is causing the issue, but it seems doubtful. I'm planning on keeping the yellow wire disconnected for now and shopping around for a new thermostat. Any suggestions? I can't afford to buy a new Nest every few years, and since they won't sell me just the motherboard, that seems like the only option.

I literally have the exact same issue! I came home to find the outdoor A/C compressor running, the home very cold and the Nest registering a temperature about 10 degrees higher. My Nest is running a software version of 5.6.6-4, last updated on January 23rd. I'm really hesitant to buy a new one because they don't seem to last nearly as long as they should and I'm not convinced this issue is fixed in the 3rd generation.

I had the same problem with my 2nd gen base plate w1 shorted out. I called nest went through the steps to check it and they are over fighting me a whole new 2nd gen and prepaid label to send the old one back. I guess I got lucky. Still live nest.

Shipping. (Not fighting).

Hugo Marrero will be eternally grateful.