"Auto Wash" selected regardless of cycle pressed

I have a maytag dishwasher with the buttons on the front. We usually run normal wash, heated dry off due to the number of plastic/kids dishes we have. Now every time I try to start the dishwasher by pushing "Normal" it turns on "auto Clean" with "Rinse only" and "steam/sanitize" selected. I can't get it to select "normal." I have power cycled the dishwasher multiple times. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Resetting the dishwasher control can sometimes solve the issues you are experiencing. To reset the dishwasher control panel, it needs to be disconnected from the power source for one minute. If your dishwasher is plugged into an outlet, simply unplug the unit for one minute and then plug the unit back in. If the dishwasher is hard wired to the power supply, turn the breaker off at the home electrical panel that powers the dishwasher for one minute and then turn the breaker back on.

Steve Mallin will be eternally grateful.